On Mam Tor (again!) shot added

Good stuff Chris, 1st is striking! (y)

Both stunning images. I actually prefer the second with the trail leading you along into the hills

What time did you have to set off to get up there for sunrise and how long was the walk to get to your spot?

Both stunning images. I actually prefer the second with the trail leading you along into the hills

What time did you have to set off to get up there for sunrise and how long was the walk to get to your spot?

Thanks!

I live 45 mins away by car so I set off at 6.15 and was in the national trust car park for 7.am ish. Walk to the top of the first hill (the peak in the 2nd image) is a strenuous 10/15 mins from that car park. Then another 10/15 mins along the ridge to the point where the 2nd photo was taken.

Both gorgeous photos. That first one is pretty epic but I love the tone and the leading line of the second one too.

Both excellent although must admit the second one with its led through of the path couple with that tone enhancing a wonderful image.
GEORGE.

Fantastic conditions well and truly nailed on that first one. It's funny that the light almost makes the yellow area look like a rape field, making this look like winter meets summer scene. It's a great image. Second one is nice too but I think the first stole its limelight.

Two "Excellent" shots Sir, liking both of these very much.(y)

George.

Great shots

A place very much on my "to do" list

I like both these - it's so difficult to pick a winner, I would have been very happy to come away with either of these images.
I must also say it makes such a change to see different viewpoints of this hill rather than the much repeated gatepost and fence.

Geez you got some good stuff here!
#1 is probably the best pic for me.
It's hard to say that because I really love the textures in #3 as well.
The one I'm least torn with is #2. I feel the browns dominate a little too much. I think if those posts and path were a slightly different tone it would change things. Just not enough tonal separation between elements for me.
Mighty striking all of them though! Well done!

Geez you got some good stuff here!
#1 is probably the best pic for me.
It's hard to say that because I really love the textures in #3 as well.
The one I'm least torn with is #2. I feel the browns dominate a little too much. I think if those posts and path were a slightly different tone it would change things. Just not enough tonal separation between elements for me.
Mighty striking all of them though! Well done!

Thanks pal.

Back