On the Rocks? Rocky Cameras?

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Waiting for a reply from Rocky Cameras re a lens I bought last week. Reading through some of the past posts, might have made an error. No returned phone call or email response either. Thoughts?

If you paid by CC, you might want to look at the claims procedure.

I bought a couple of lenses from him years ago. One was very good value but the other wasn't. Seems to agree with the rating he gets on the site Retune references.

Sent a bit of a scathing email to him, including one of the poor reviews. Had a reply within the hour.
"Hi you ordered this on the 12th - was sent on the 14th - there is delays as I am sure you are aware in the postal system due to covid so for it not to arrive in 4 days including a weekend is not uncommon - I will check anyway but please expect soon and thankyou for your patience."
No tracking number …. I'll wait and see. Maybe I'm doing him a disservice.

FWIW the postal service isn't terribly rapid, so he's quite possibly telling the truth - I'd give it *another* week before being worried about non-arrival.

I've had a couple of small items take over a week via 2nd class post recently. Fingers crossed for your lens.

Yep, Sal ordered something from Bodyshop and it has taken an age. Ordered some flea tablets for the dog on Tuesday and they arrived this morning. Is this because it's a small package?

Yep, Sal ordered something from Bodyshop and it has taken an age. Ordered some flea tablets for the dog on Tuesday and they arrived this morning. Is this because it's a small package?

Think the turn around time at the moment is all over the place had a couple of 1st class signed for parcels took 8 working days to get to me and others next day!

I ordered a pair of boot laces.

Fcp was two days....very happy with that service. Company is called Biglaces based in Alnwick Northumbria.

But no doubt postal service could be a bit variable for now :(

I had a tracked 48 hour parcel take 16 or so days last month, as did two colleagues in another part of the country. It seemed to be anything going to a different region that got into weird delays as parcels through the same regional hub were in normal timescales

Lens arrived this morning. Aperture blades won't work. Sending it back. You live and learn.
Ordered a lens from Harrisons of Sheffield yesterday morning, arriving today before 1pm.
Hermes. Top service.

Good luck returning it and getting a refund.
I ordered two lenses from him and only one arrived. After trying for 3 days I got hold of him finally and be promised he'd sort it out and I never heard from him. In the end just opened a CC case got it refunded through them.

The lens ordered from Harrisons didn't fit, Takumar f1.4 It need an adapter without a flange for it. Ordered the Takumar macro from them and it's in great condition. They refunded me too much for the first lens. I phoned them up and said that they'd refunded £25 extra. I just couldn't keep the money, all to do with karma!

I bought a few lenses from Rocky over a period of time some years ago and I have to say that I had good service even if the comms were a bit slow. He even swapped a lens I wasn't quite happy with but... there are enough bad reports to put me off and I doubt I'd use him again. I read somewhere that he buys job lots of stuff and just sells it on as it is so that may explain why some people get stuff that seems ok at the price and some get stuff that is probably not fit for sale other than if described as "untested and sold as seen." I think I might risk £15 or so on an old lens from him if I was in a good mood but I don't think I'd risk any more looking at other peoples experiences with him.

I remember this chap from Milton Keynes market MANY years ago. Had loads of junky old tat but occasionally got some really interesting stuff in.

The lens ordered from Harrisons didn't fit, Takumar f1.4 It need an adapter without a flange for it. Ordered the Takumar macro from them and it's in great condition. They refunded me too much for the first lens. I phoned them up and said that they'd refunded £25 extra. I just couldn't keep the money, all to do with karma!
Said that my refund was on the way, 2 weeks ago. Do I say goodbye to £20 ... or do I ask @Mike.P to pop round for me?

hold on, so you gave back £25 and are now £20 out of pocket from the same person?

Sorry for the confusion, still on about Rocky cameras. Just been on the tinternet and came across "Bonanza" , a bit like ebay. He's got a 5star rating on there! HOW?

Does Bonanza have some sort of default feedback that explain all those identical responses from different buyers, or are there more bots pretending to be human there than in Westworld?

STILL no reply from this guy since the beginning of June.
This was his last message:

KEITH ROCKSun, Jun 7, 8:06 PM
Sorry just found these messages in spam filter - refund sent so should be with you soon - thankyou

STILL no reply from this guy since the beginning of June.
This was his last message:

KEITH ROCKSun, Jun 7, 8:06 PM
Sorry just found these messages in spam filter - refund sent so should be with you soon - thankyou

Just put it down to experience and don't give him any more of your business.

No worth having a stroke over £20

Just put it down to experience and don't give him any more of your business.

No worth having a stroke over £20

The bigger picture is that from what Ive seen he has done this to a few people. Must be making a fair bit of money from people that ignore the issue.

@mossienet Contact paypal or your card issuer and ask them about doing a chargeback.

The bigger picture is that from what Ive seen he has done this to a few people. Must be making a fair bit of money from people that ignore the issue.

@mossienet Contact paypal or your card issuer and ask them about doing a chargeback.

+1

its not the question of £20, its the principle of it.
Though I think this guy is a lost cause, he'll never learn unless may be some takes him to court (he'll probably still not care).

Back