On the Rocks? Rocky Cameras?

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Waiting for a reply from Rocky Cameras re a lens I bought last week. Reading through some of the past posts, might have made an error. No returned phone call or email response either. Thoughts?

Edit My Images
No
I bought a couple of lenses from him years ago. One was very good value but the other wasn't. Seems to agree with the rating he gets on the site Retune references.

OP
OP
mossienet
Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Sent a bit of a scathing email to him, including one of the poor reviews. Had a reply within the hour.
"Hi you ordered this on the 12th - was sent on the 14th - there is delays as I am sure you are aware in the postal system due to covid so for it not to arrive in 4 days including a weekend is not uncommon - I will check anyway but please expect soon and thankyou for your patience."
No tracking number …. I'll wait and see. Maybe I'm doing him a disservice.

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
FWIW the postal service isn't terribly rapid, so he's quite possibly telling the truth - I'd give it *another* week before being worried about non-arrival.

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
I've had a couple of small items take over a week via 2nd class post recently. Fingers crossed for your lens.

OP
OP
mossienet
Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Yep, Sal ordered something from Bodyshop and it has taken an age. Ordered some flea tablets for the dog on Tuesday and they arrived this morning. Is this because it's a small package?

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
No
Yep, Sal ordered something from Bodyshop and it has taken an age. Ordered some flea tablets for the dog on Tuesday and they arrived this morning. Is this because it's a small package?
Think the turn around time at the moment is all over the place had a couple of 1st class signed for parcels took 8 working days to get to me and others next day!

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a tracked 48 hour parcel take 16 or so days last month, as did two colleagues in another part of the country. It seemed to be anything going to a different region that got into weird delays as parcels through the same regional hub were in normal timescales

OP
OP
mossienet
Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Lens arrived this morning. Aperture blades won't work. Sending it back. You live and learn.
Ordered a lens from Harrisons of Sheffield yesterday morning, arriving today before 1pm.
Hermes. Top service.

nandbytes

I owe Cobra some bacon
Edit My Images
Yes
Good luck returning it and getting a refund.
I ordered two lenses from him and only one arrived. After trying for 3 days I got hold of him finally and be promised he'd sort it out and I never heard from him. In the end just opened a CC case got it refunded through them.