On the Rocks!

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
I spent yesterday (Sunday) afternoon/evening at East Prawle in South Devon. I knew there would be some surf there over the reefs with the recent SW winds.

23210589456_6484c19221_b.jpg

This one is a composite from dusk with the moon and night with the stars, not sure if the moon works but I thought I would leave it in. Also got a little too much star movement on 25s which I didn't notice until I got home :(

[URL='https://flic.kr/p/APcAXB']

[/url]

Last edited:

Cool set, great renditions!
#3 is my pick!

Great set, I really like the lead-in on the third image, and the detail in the rocks is lovely.

Great set of images Neil, all showing some really nice work. #1, #4, #6, are my fav's.(y)

George.

Great set of images Neil, all showing some really nice work. #1, #4, #6, are my fav's.(y)

George.
Thanks George

So either a wireless remote or you are exceedingly nimble in leaping over rocks as the self-timer counts down! :whistle:
Interval timer 20 second gap, so I get 5-6 shots to choose from usually.

The last one is head and shoulders above the rest. The exposure, movement and lead in from the lines in the rock seal the deal.

Seascapes aren't my area but I know a good one when I see one, and the last is that :D
Thanks Steve

Excellent set mate... #3 being my least favourite

Great tones and action #4 is my outstanding favourite and great attempt at the stars reckon you wont be far from nailing it. :D

Fantastic set of images you have taken here. Love #3 especially because of the tones you have and the overall composition. Great work!

Lovely stuff, 2, 3 and 5 for me.

The person in 2 really adds to it
Thanks Mike

The second shot for me, I like the splash of orange on the bottom right, and the inclusion of the person adds good scale to the shot
Cheers Matt

Excellent set mate... #3 being my least favourite

Great tones and action #4 is my outstanding favourite and great attempt at the stars reckon you wont be far from nailing it. :D
Thanks Bryn, it's strange how 3 is many peoples favourite where as I see it as a bit of a filler in the set!

Fantastic set of images you have taken here. Love #3 especially because of the tones you have and the overall composition. Great work!
Thanks Chris

Thanks Mike

Cheers Matt

Thanks Bryn, it's strange how 3 is many peoples favourite where as I see it as a bit of a filler in the set!

Thanks Chris

Tis a weird one... looking at it again today it looks distorted from top to bottom with a bulge in the middle well the way I see it... its like a climb to first bits of rock.

I would like to see this shot again shot from a lower POV.

Detail and tones as per usual are excellent and maybe that is what people have fallen for.

#2 for me - the rocks and the waves both leading the eye to the figure. Think standing works a lot better than the sitting in #4. But to be honest would be happy with either.

Not sure on the stars one - my mind tells me the sky is the wrong colour to see so many stars.

Nice set though

Tis a weird one... looking at it again today it looks distorted from top to bottom with a bulge in the middle well the way I see it... its like a climb to first bits of rock.

I would like to see this shot again shot from a lower POV.

Detail and tones as per usual are excellent and maybe that is what people have fallen for.
No mate, it's all down to taste, simple as that, I think you are looking at it too deeply and should move on, it's just a photo!

#2 for me - the rocks and the waves both leading the eye to the figure. Think standing works a lot better than the sitting in #4. But to be honest would be happy with either.

Not sure on the stars one - my mind tells me the sky is the wrong colour to see so many stars.

Nice set though

Thanks Stephen

Great set Neil
The last one is my fave with that wave caught nicely the selfies are good too.

Great set Neil
The last one is my fave with that wave caught nicely the selfies are good too.

Lovely set Neil, makes me want to head for the coast. Keep up the good work

Lovely set Neil, really like the wave movement and the figure in #4 and I think the moon really adds to the shot #5.
Great work

Lovely work, I like the way you have captured the power and motion of the waves over the rocks!

Great Set

Thanks for all the comments everyone, much appreciated :)

Lovely set! #6 stands out- it has such harmony of light, shade, & colour, and is beautifully constructed & composed.

Back