One Stop Digital

Edit My Images
Yes
How about this.

I thought I would give One Stop Digital in Hong Kong a try after reading a positive thread on the forum. So last Thursday I ordered myself a Nikkor 50mm 1.8D & a Hoya UV filter over the web. Total cost £78 including delivery (which was marked up as free).

So at 9am this morning I thought Miami Vice were calling when the Postie started hammering on the door with my package from HK:eek: - I am pretty impressed!

Has anybody had any similar good (or bad) experiences from One Stop. Sadly the sigma 10mm-20mm I want is not cheap enough with One Stop to make me buy from them - Bristol Camera's are only £4 more expensive at £295 - so i guess there is not a lot of margin on that lens at the moment.

Oh yes... the 50mm lens is cracking!! :clap:

BR

I purchased my Sigma 70-300 APO DG Macro from them last year.

The guy responds via email quickly too. I asked if I could pay a few quid extra for him to bump up the postage method (to a slightly quicker one, I'm impatient), and he did it for me no problems.

Infact I don't think I've heard anything bad about them. Sometimes it's just not financially viable to buy from them (with them being HK based/imports), but as far as suppliers go, there are many in this country who could take a leaf out of OneStops book, and I have never had any hesitation in recommending them to anyone :)

Marcel said:
I purchased my Sigma 70-300 APO DG Macro from them last year.

The guy responds via email quickly too. I asked if I could pay a few quid extra for him to bump up the postage method (to a slightly quicker one, I'm impatient), and he did it for me no problems.

Infact I don't think I've heard anything bad about them. Sometimes it's just not financially viable to buy from them (with them being HK based/imports), but as far as suppliers go, there are many in this country who could take a leaf out of OneStops book, and I have never had any hesitation in recommending them to anyone :)

Wish I had looked around when I got my Sigma 70-300 - reckon I could have saved 60 quid!! :bang:

BobR said:
Wish I had looked around when I got my Sigma 70-300 - reckon I could have saved 60 quid!! :bang:

I *think* I saved slightly more than that.
Although the lens hadn't been out long. IIRC It was £194.99 in the UK from high street stores (about 180 from places like Warehouse Express), and I got it for 114.99 from OneStop....a massive saving.

Sigma claim they won't honour the International Warranty without proof of UK VAT being paid, but I also heard that they haven't enforced it. Luckily I've not had to put it to the test.

I've used them once and found the service excellent and really fast. I'll certainly go back again :)

When I bought my 10-20mm the problem was finding someone who had them in stock, I got it from Fotosense who also do great service.

I refer the honourable gentleman to Marcels post above, and add that I had no difficulty getting Sigma to service my 'imported from the USA' 70-300 lens under warranty.

I ordered a Sigma 150mm macro lens from Onestop last Thursday afternoon, and it arrived at 8.20am on Monday! There was no VAT or duty to pay (the Air Waybill and Customs declaration were slightly creative) but they promise to refund any charges you do incur.

TBH I tried to buy the lens in the UK, but nobody had one and I was told that Sigma UK had no stock either. The cheapest price was £405 from Bristol Cameras, whereas I paid £343 including delivery from Onestop.

I would certainly use them again.

so whats the damn address of this miracle company??
some of us are looking for lenses you know, lol

bought off them 3 times now, faster than some UK suppliers and cheap as chips

Several excellent buys and hassle free. Well packed and they refund quick if you do get VAT/Duty/Collection fee charges. I believe their Sigma's have international warranty. The FAQ's answer any questions.

The other seller to contact is Kerso and recommendations for him here Again, good buying experience. Very personal service ... he even calls you :)

condyk said:
The other seller to contact is Kerso and recommendations for him here Again, good buying experience. Very personal service ... he even calls you :)

Another very positive vote for Kerso (Ian Kerr)

Bought many times from him with no problems what so ever, and a guaranteed no import duty to pay..(y)

busterboy said:
Another very positive vote for Kerso (Ian Kerr)

Bought many times from him with no problems what so ever, and a guaranteed no import duty to pay..(y)
And another :)

My first purchase from One-Stop was stress free with no duty / VAT to pay (less than £100 so came via HK Post & Royal Mail)
I bought a Sigma 10-20mm (which is over £100) & this came FedEx - a week later I received a bill from FedEx for about £13 for " VAT & admin"
One-Stop asked me to send the invoice to them & they would refund it (this was 2-3 weeks ago - not sure if I've got the refund yet?)
If the savings are large enough I'd certainly use them again ... Paul ;)

I've just had a bill from FedEx for, er, £13.55 (VAT and admin fee) for a lens received from OneStop a week before. Strangely, the Customs copy of the Air Waybill was delivered to me with the lens, so I've asked FedEx to provide proof that they incurred the Customs charge. ;)

silkstone said:
I've just had a bill from FedEx for, er, £13.55 (VAT and admin fee) for a lens received from OneStop a week before. Strangely, the Customs copy of the Air Waybill was delivered to me with the lens, so I've asked FedEx to provide proof that they incurred the Customs charge. ;)

Let us know how you get on with a response from FEDEX if you don't mind. I would be interested to hear.

BobR

To speed up the delivery process Fedex (and DHL and others) raise the charges direct, saves having customs crawling all over them all the time.

In the past I've simply ignored bills that size from them and heard nothing more.

Back