Onedrive

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
So i bought myself a nice new fast i9 computer and it's great I got it setup and that went well .

I connected my 5 GB backup external drive to it just to take a few shots off to see how fast it was with editing and it is very fast. So now to One drive something i have never heard of or even knew what it was unbeknown to me it sent all my 5GB drive to the cloud I only found out as i got a message saying my Cloud was full, even then I had to Google Onedrive to see what it was .

Now i'm sure for some this is a great thing but the drive had a few banking and password details and I do not want them to go anywhere so just be careful if you get a new computer it took me ages to delete all the files off it .
I have now uninstalled Onedrive If there was any info saying it wanted to do this I could have at leased read up on it but i never saw anything until it was done.

Rob.

One drive might be potentially useful to have. If you subscribe for £80/yr you can storage I think 1tb on it. Yes be careful what you store but what a great back up solution. I'd be putting my RAWs on that for sure.

One drive works great for me. I don't use it for a backup or RAWs, or anything like that. I only use it to keep a selection of folders synced between my windows surface pro, Mac mini and my iPhone. So any work documents, jpegs, etc..

The big corporations really want to have all your data. Both Google drive (backup and sync) and Onedrive will try to swallow everything by default before asking any questions.
You can disable full PC sharing in settings and only select a dedicated folder for syncing like it used to be not long ago. Or at least on paper.... Google drive was restricted to this mode. Then came the update to OSX with all the walled garden access prompts - and suddenly Google drive is asking for permission to access all places. Uninstalled there and then.

From the free ones MEGA.nz gives you 50GB and doesn't try to go to places you don't want. Paid options make sense too, but just create new account to get another 50.

I use OneDrive to back-up all of my RAW files. I have a Mac and have OneDrive looking at an external drive to sync with the cloud. Works a treat. For 59.99 a year for 1TB and the MS Office suite is a bargain.

Back