Online Portfolio

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
I need some feedback on my Portfolio which I'm creating so I can get into college next year, I will be adding more pictures and annotations throughout the year.
Any suggestions are welcome, this will help me improve!
or if you have any suggestions for other websites to use for my portfolio are welcome too.

If they are to show a general overview of your work then, without wishing to be negative, I think you need to work on the pics.

Your camera, with 18MP, is certainly capable of producing much better pics.

I have used, and in fact still have, the 75-300mm lens you have and, although most people seem to decry it, up to 200mm it is a quite capable lens, but from 200-300mm it is quite soft so I would only use it up to 200mm and, since it doesn't have Image Stabilisation, at fairly high shutter speed.

The spider one is reasonable taking into account the equipment you have, but you might think about getting a cheap set of close up filters off ebay for your kit lens.

Although again others will decry this particular suggestion for about £10.00 they are the cheapest option for macro, if you want to add to your portfolio.

The third shot in your portfolio, "The Smiler" has been exposed for the sky with the result that the faces of the people are too dark really.

But the main problem with them is that, overall, they are not particularly interesting.

I do hope though that you do understand that I am not trying to be negative, but trying to point out shortcomings in your photos and how they might be improved.

You have a good camera and fairly good lenses so basically all you need to do is practice, practice, and then practice some more.

And take a LOT of pictures so you can choose the best for your portfolio.

And the best of luck.

If they are to show a general overview of your work then, without wishing to be negative, I think you need to work on the pics.

Your camera, with 18MP, is certainly capable of producing much better pics.

I have used, and in fact still have, the 75-300mm lens you have and, although most people seem to decry it, up to 200mm it is a quite capable lens, but from 200-300mm it is quite soft so I would only use it up to 200mm and, since it doesn't have Image Stabilisation, at fairly high shutter speed.

The spider one is reasonable taking into account the equipment you have, but you might think about getting a cheap set of close up filters off ebay for your kit lens.

Although again others will decry this particular suggestion for about £10.00 they are the cheapest option for macro, if you want to add to your portfolio.

The third shot in your portfolio, "The Smiler" has been exposed for the sky with the result that the faces of the people are too dark really.

But the main problem with them is that, overall, they are not particularly interesting.

I do hope though that you do understand that I am not trying to be negative, but trying to point out shortcomings in your photos and how they might be improved.

You have a good camera and fairly good lenses so basically all you need to do is practice, practice, and then practice some more.

And take a LOT of pictures so you can choose the best for your portfolio.

And the best of luck.
Thank you, this portfolio isn't for show, I know that my pictures are not the best and great quality, but it's something to show to get into college so I can learn even more and get better experience. this does help a lot, thank you

I think Peter covered any feedback that I would give, however if you are looking to enter college and need a portfolio for entry, then concentrate on the fundamentals to show the entrance board that you understand what it is you'll be progressing with, such as the following:-

• Rule of 3rd's
  • Depth of Field for uses such as subject separation
  • Different lighting techniques

And the most important rule..... to not be afraid to break the rules!

I am certainly no pro, and could be wrong with what I've said, but it's simply my take on this :) Good Luck!

Those fundamentals covered then it's about learning to use them, and develop a style, which is about picking and choosing your techniques to your ability and chosen field

best of luck

Back