OOB - First go

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks to jfb and the links to the tutorials in this thread, I had a go too...

What do you think ?

IMG_6463.jpg

Which started life as

IMG_6463.jpg

It's not as good as JFB's and I need to work to refine the process but it was rather fun to do and helps me with my PP at least.

Great PP John - Have you got any specific ideas in mind for when you've perfected the art? The OOB definatately seems to work better with some types of pic than others.

Thanks all.

Sara, Not really, it's been something I fancied trying for a while, just needed to get around to it. I need to work out what it would work best with, and working out a suitable background colour scheme/wash. I'll just see what happens for now...

Hi,
I like this alot-very impresssive.
Have you thought about putting a subtle white/black drop-shadow around the front edge of the car.

--------------
Graham

Cracking stuff for a first attempt

Really nice work –I have found that if you can add a drop shadow to the actual OOB it can really help, the front wheel needs a tad of work, a shadow would make the transition easier - but for a first go it is really good – keep them coming…

my first ettempt.......... was fun too
sammz.jpg

thanks for the posting'

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments and the advice. I like the idea of the colour wheel opposites to help it pop more and the drop shadow.

yeah great first go have you tried transparent bg? will depend on your intentions for the photo, heres one i made a few years back when i used to make sigs lol kinda shows what i mean

pop-out422.png

Last edited:
Thanks. I like that transparent background. It works well...

Back