Open College of the Arts !?!?!?

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all...

I’m considering enrolling with the Open College of the Arts in photography, and trying achieve a BA Hons Degree eventually through them (......and not to mention LOTS of penny’s later !!)

http://www.oca-uk.com/distance-learning/photography-1-art-of-photography

Does anyone have any experience with them, or heard of their reputation ???

Any comments and/or reviews welcome :)
Thanks all....

Bri..

I'm doing the course, just started my first module a few months ago. I'm finding it really interesting and have enjoyed the assignments. You need to be committed to putting in the effort, and getting out there with your camera to take photos for the exercises and assignments, of which there are many! The course information is easy to read and understand, I have email and phone contact with a mentor, and the workload is actually quite easy to manage depending on the pace you want to work at. If you need any further info please let me know.

John, life has got in the way of the best intentions. Work, then a broken elbow, and as that healed, I broke my thumb seriously bad. Now on top of everything, we are moving and having a new house built. So there is a but much on my plate at the moment. Maybe next year when things have calmed down, but it is still on my to-do list.

I am currently on the course and really enjoying it and hoping to continue to do the full degree

Thumbs up from me

I'm doing the course, just started my first module a few months ago. I'm finding it really interesting and have enjoyed the assignments. You need to be committed to putting in the effort, and getting out there with your camera to take photos for the exercises and assignments, of which there are many! The course information is easy to read and understand, I have email and phone contact with a mentor, and the workload is actually quite easy to manage depending on the pace you want to work at. If you need any further info please let me know.

Ooh nice to see a fellow student! Are you on taop too?

Yes, I'm on Art of Photography, just submitted my 2nd assignment! Falling a bit behind for various reasons, moving house and I'm 6 months pregnant and its the middle of wedding season, but hope to carry on and finish the module. I'm really enjoying it and learning a lot about the basics of photography which you miss out on if you're self-taught. How are you finding it?

Yes, I'm on Art of Photography, just submitted my 2nd assignment! Falling a bit behind for various reasons, moving house and I'm 6 months pregnant and its the middle of wedding season, but hope to carry on and finish the module. I'm really enjoying it and learning a lot about the basics of photography which you miss out on if you're self-taught. How are you finding it?

Well done, how did the first go? I have yet to submit my first but should get on better when kids back at school. Will send you a PM tomorrow thats a bit longer as bed calling!

John, life has got in the way of the best intentions. Work, then a broken elbow, and as that healed, I broke my thumb seriously bad. Now on top of everything, we are moving and having a new house built. So there is a but much on my plate at the moment. Maybe next year when things have calmed down, but it is still on my to-do list.

good luck with it all, healing and moving ;)

Back