Opinions on this image?

Kerry Ashleigh

Name
Kerry
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I went out this weekend to Helston Boating Lake with my Grandad and camera, obviously!

I have been editing a few images and I cant quite grasp what else to do with this one.

Would appreciate a few thoughts on it, how to make it better or whether to scrap it completely.

Thanks for your time.

Kerry:canon:

Last edited:
Hi all, I went out this weekend to Helston Boating Lake with my Grandad and camera, obviously!

I have been editing a few images and I cant quite grasp what else to do with this one.

Would appreciate a few thoughts on it, how to make it better or whether to scrap it completely.

Thanks for your time.

Kerry:canon:

Hi Kerry, there's no image showing right now where do you have it hosted?

As far as I can tell on my uncalibrated laptop, the light is a tad flat. try upping the contrast and clarity and applying more saturation. The sky may well benefit from more luminance too. The foreground, where the tree casts a strong shadow over the water is a distracting and careful use of the cloning tool could produce a more pleasing image.

I actually quite like it the composition is nice and I really think the airborne gull visible in the sky helps what would otherwise be a little bit empty, I agree the colours could stand a little bit of a boost but they don't look a million miles off (y)

Thankyou for your feedback:) it's much appreciated!

I agree, the shadow is distracting, I'll do my best to see what I can do about it.

I'll make a few changes and re-upload:)

Thanks again:)

I'd say post as much as you can in the critique sections there are so many people that want to help and on the whole will be happy to help you develop your skills where they can (y) was the best thing I ever did in joining this forum

Been doing some changes, using the burn tool, changing the saturation, contrast and curves. Worried its a bit too much now?

Please don't be disheartened it all part of the learning process, not Ive don't this just as an example on my iPad that last time I checked was not all that far off on the colours front...

It looks to me like your pushing contrast too much on your edited having just chucked this through a basic editor on my iPad

Ahh scratch that...just noticed you currently have no edits ticked if you don't mind me showing ill put up the quick adjustment I've done

wow, that's a lot better than my efforts! and I call myself a photography student, haha.

I really like what you've done, great job!

Thankyou so much for your time and effort, it is much appreciated:)

wow, that's a lot better than my efforts! and I call myself a photography student, haha.

I really like what you've done, great job!

Thankyou so much for your time and effort, it is much appreciated:)

:LOL: I think the real key is start of small, make little changes to start with...as you progress you'll first of all learn more about processing but also where pushing things more will actually work, I hit processing full speed when I first started out and honestly I probably ruined more photos than I produced good images...in fact when I look back at them now I often hate what I see, but the reality is that is probably good as I can see where I was vs where I am now, and on the whole it's this forum that I have to thank for that..

I'm happy to help as much as I can, when ever I can

Honost opinion, its not bad. The sky isn't very interesting and I find the flying birds a bit distracting from the focal point, the tree on the island. Also perhaps a portrait perspective and a slower shutter speed might have given more reflection of the tree and its golden colours.

Looks like there's a lot of CA on that image, probably worth trying to get some of that out. The purple fringing around the tree tops and flying bird are particularly prominent.

Back