Original Nik Collection not working In LR CC and PS CC

Name
Linda
Edit My Images
No
As the title suggests, the Nik software has stopped working since I updated. I mostly use it for mono conversions and have been working in colour recently. I have it loaded into the PS 2019 folder and reloaded it just to make sure. It appears to work when editing and then when closing the software, it thinks about it briefly and then closes the image not having added the Nik layer.

This is the original free version. Does this mean I need to buy the later software or have I missed something?

Hard to say. I have just checked and I have latest LR Classic & PS cc and I have a free version of Nik and all seems to be well still. The version I have was downloaded free from Google. The Nik B&W filter is called Silver Efex Pro 2 V2.2.24.12 (Google). Is it possible that there is an issue with the original Nik versions but not the Google version. However, I doubt that because I did not think Google did anything to the Nik software. I still regularly use Silver Efex Pro but have no use for the other filters myself.

Dave

Thanks for taking the time. Mine was free too. Anybody else having this happen?

It is working fine with me. My copy of Nik was downloaded from Google (I initially had bought Nik but then got a refund from Google). I can round trip fronm Lightroon Classic to PS CC and to Silver Efex Pro. Everything works fine. LR and PS are the latest versions, running on an iMac with High Sierra.

Although I have the collection, I only use Silver Efex Pro2. It was working yesterday in LR Classic.

I will try again and see if closing everything has made a difference later. Thanks.

I have it loaded into the PS 2019 folder
But where, it's in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Plug-ins with mine.
2019 will be similar but they might have changed it.

Mine don't work stand-alone, but I've tried them just now in LR (in case something had changed overnight) and all the applets still work fine.

But where, it's in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Plug-ins with mine.
2019 will be similar but they might have changed it.
I will check the route. I just did what I did last time tho which worked. I will have a go when I get back to my desk later on today. Thanks

Well, it seems that I should have done that perennial favourite and switched everything off and started again. Thanks everybody; it's working for me again.

Back