Osprey in scots pine

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
No
ospreytalk.jpg

Image taken last year on our holiday in Scotland,back again in three weeks time,lets hope the weather is good.These birds have returned again this year so I'am looking forward to some good days.

A good capture Brian, looks like it has the next meal lined up :LOL:

Nice image mate (y)

Was it taken around the Loch Garten area.

We are staying up on the Isle of Mull at the end of May and im hoping for a few eagle shots this year

Keep up the good work

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard,not at loch Garten,they are to far away,it was taken at loch Insh.We were on Mull a couple of years ago,brilliant place,have you been before ??

Well it is an Osprey right enough.
With respect though. The tree is a Larch.

Hi Richard,not at loch Garten,they are to far away,it was taken at loch Insh.We were on Mull a couple of years ago,brilliant place,have you been before ??

Yes we have been up before i love it up there. We stayed at Ballygown before
this time we are staying at a place called Croggan. But if you have any info it's always well received i do know the island quite well and i always consult the Mull birds website thats always useful.
Regards
Richard

Might be worth googling for some of Mull's widlife tour guides...well worth a day with them to take in the highlights and then you can explore more fully on your own. And remember the golden rule...if you see a car pulled over, ask them what they're looking at!

Morning Karen,don't know much about that side,we go over the other side(Cairngorms).The "birding circles" rate a book by Gorden Hamlett, i think it's called "Birding in Scotland",might be worth getting that,at least it would be a start. Regards Brian

Karen,
If you're on the west coast you'll be spoilt for choice for photography!
maybe 40 miles from Fort William (west) is a place called Morar, there are some gorgeous white beaches here. Morar is also really close to Mallaig, a nice wee fishing village where you can get a ferry to Skye.

You're also quite close to the Cairngorm, especially the Aviemore valley. Rannoch moor is close by as well.

Before you go, look up the SRPS (Scottish Railway Preservation Society) website and check the timings and dates for their steam excursions - also google 'the jacobite steam train'. These trips will go over the glenfinnan viadcut ( the one used in harry potter) and will make for some awesome shots.

Theres tons more to explore up there, but i need to head off! Hope thats helpful!

lovely shot Bri, seems we are all off to scotland this month :)

Im off to Aviemore, Skye, North Uist and Mull for 2 weeks of Golden Eagle, Hen Harrier, Short Eared Owl, Osprey, Otter, White Tailed Eagle etc etc fun :)

Excellent capture.

Lovely shot, was fortunate enough to have one of these fly over my house
a couple of weeks back, in Kent.

First class image Brian, another here heading to Mull mid two wks in June ROLL ON... (y)

John

Back