Osprey

Name
neil
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a pic of the Male Osprey from Loch of the Lowes taken today, right before the 40D gave up the ghost :crying:

IMG_1400.jpg

Thanks for looking (y)

Fab shot

Sorry to hear about your camera :( are you going to get it fixed?

Not sure, think the shutter has packed in, this shot has a nice white band along the bottom befor i cropped it off, not sure if it is worth repairing its a bit ruff now and had a hard life. Anyone got any ideas how much a new shutter replacement is ?

bet your glad it packed up after the shot! still gutted i imagine but great shot of an awesome bird

Lovely shot Neil

How is the old lady doing - I've been so busy with family isues I've not had a chance to visit.

The old lady is doing well mate. Mark it wasnt a big crop and i was shotting at 840mm mate, was a bummer the camera packed in as he was hovering just in front of the hide so would have got a few shots of him :bang:

Cracking shot Neil(y)

It cost my brother £270 for a new shutter for his 40d:eek:

awesome shot of a awesome bird been following the activity on the loch lowes web cam recently its brilliant
regards ian

Nice photo...fingers crossed the weather doesn't hamper their brooding these next few hours

lovely capture :) Well done! Sorry to hear about the camera. The bird looks so powerful and graceful

At least you got a great shot to compensate for the camera woes, well worth the wait.

Great looking bird and lovely image Neil :clap: Not sure how much a new shutter is for the 40d, about time you put your hand in your pocket and bought a new one :thinking:

(y) super shot

Great looking bird and lovely image Neil :clap: Not sure how much a new shutter is for the 40d, about time you put your hand in your pocket and bought a new one :thinking:

I would gladly put my hand in my pocket mate, just there is bugger all in them when i try :LOL:

Brilliant capture - Well done

Re shutter - a mate had the same problem and he spoke to canon quoting the advertised
shutter life against the actual shutter count and managed to get a free repair - if you dont ask!!

Regards

Mike

Nice capture.
My favourite bird of all time.

Hope you get sorted with your camera soon.

Super shot of the male. I assumed Lady was no more after last year, amazing she's back again!

Hey mate

Aint commented before now,but 180 hours overtime will make you overlook some things! :D
Lovely shot mate,unfortunately it looks like we could have a short season this year!

From one of my other forums looks like the 40D achilles heal has caught up with you! 7D is the next stop!

For those that maybe dont use their 40D very often a lot of people on another forum which I use have had the 40D shutter,ends up being a case of new shutter or Body..................Guess which one wins!

Ross

Back