Otley Chevin

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
93 views and no comments at all!

The third photo in this set made Flickr explore, had over 4000 views in 24 hours and I can't get a single comment on here.

I posted and after 48 h. I had 70 views and no reply. I was told that
this is a reply in itself saying "nobody cares!".

I think you nailed 1 and 3: composition and rendition wise.
And yes, the light you caught is there. Well done Steve!

I posted and after 48 h. I had 70 views and no reply. I was told that
this is a reply in itself saying "nobody cares!".

I think you nailed 1 and 3: composition and rendition wise.
And yes, the light you caught is there. Well done Steve!
Thanks Daniel, This is not the first time you've rescued one of my threads from obscurity.

Last edited:
I find the light in 1+2 a little strong. Number 3 is lovely, stand out image of the set.

Number 3 is nice and it looks like 4 might have potential with more sympathetic processing. I'm afraid 1 & 2 do nothing for me.

No3 would be my pick.
Thanks for commenting Roger, I think No3 is the best shot too.

I prefer 3. Would like to see it in B&W.
Thanks for that Graham, not sure I would like it in B&W maybe I'll have a little play

I find the light in 1+2 a little strong. Number 3 is lovely, stand out image of the set.
Cheers Dale, have to agree with No3 being the best. It was a good morning for th light and it did cast a golden glow over everything.

Number 3 is nice and it looks like 4 might have potential with more sympathetic processing. I'm afraid 1 & 2 do nothing for me.
I can't believe I messed up the processing on the last one so badly. I just edited it in silverfx and banged it on Flickr without really looking at it and its such a mess. Might give it another go and see if I can improve it. No3 seems to be everyones favourite from the set including mine.

have to say with the colour on these ar much more vibrant and natural on flickr

Last edited:
The light's nice in the first but with a mostly clear blue sky and a composition that doesn't get beyond the rocks it's not working for me. Three is very nice with the path leading into the tree and that beautiful winter light. Four could be a lot better with more time spent processing, might work as a square crop as the top part of the sky isn't adding anything. Flickr Explore doesn't mean anything, you did well getting a decent shot among the rubbish in there! You'll probably get more comments if you just post one shot

Love the mono :)

The light's nice in the first but with a mostly clear blue sky and a composition that doesn't get beyond the rocks it's not working for me. Three is very nice with the path leading into the tree and that beautiful winter light. Four could be a lot better with more time spent processing, might work as a square crop as the top part of the sky isn't adding anything. Flickr Explore doesn't mean anything, you did well getting a decent shot among the rubbish in there! You'll probably get more comments if you just post one shot
Well Flickr explore might mean nothing to you but being the saddo I am it meant a bit too me :). I appreciate you taking the time to post such detailed comments. Cheers
Love the mono :)
Thanks Norkie

Back