Out of the Darkness and into the Light.

Edit My Images
Yes
For years now I have made my own sites that contain blog on them and thought it would be ok to carry on like that, bit for sometime now I have become more and more frustrated with the software I use to produce my site and blog.

Well I finally decided to have a look at wordpress to see what it was like, after spending a little time on the site and looking at other sites and documentation I decided I did not think it was for me.

So off to Pixelpost to have a gander... well I really liked the software with its easy installation and set up, and couple that with the ease of use and adding new functionality, that was me sold.

So this evening I spent the time installing and setting up a new blog for my images, I have been populating it with a few images and information.

Here is a link to the blog...

http://www.nigelwhealphotography.co.uk/blog/index.php

Would be interested in you view and comments, if you can think of anything that could improve the blog please feel free to let me have it with both barrels...

Regards

Nigel

Generously sized images which load quickly, though you might want to think about letting them resize to smaller windows.

I'd like to see camera and lens info plus date and time with the Exif data. It's great that you've taken a bit of time to describe the shots.

Your About page needs a bit of a cleanup e.g. punctuation.

I'd prefer the Next link to go somewhere, from the first page.

Good to have the Dark theme available (though I'd have the link text at top right a bit lighter). How about a selectable larger font size?

Overall, attractive without being tricksy and obscure (y)

Resize all your portrit shots, it's horrible having to scroll down to see the entire image.

Generously sized images which load quickly, though you might want to think about letting them resize to smaller windows.

I'd like to see camera and lens info plus date and time with the Exif data. It's great that you've taken a bit of time to describe the shots.

Your About page needs a bit of a cleanup e.g. punctuation.

I'd prefer the Next link to go somewhere, from the first page.

Good to have the Dark theme available (though I'd have the link text at top right a bit lighter). How about a selectable larger font size?

Overall, attractive without being tricksy and obscure (y)

Many thanks for taking the time to have a look and a play and letting me know what you think.

Will have a look at the lens exif info and see what i can do I have added the Camera exif, I will see if I can do anything about selectable fonts by that might be beyond me....

Sorted out the punctuation and grammar on the about page I think...

Many thanks.

Nigel

Resize all your portrit shots, it's horrible having to scroll down to see the entire image.

Many thanks for the feed back, I forget about that sometimes, what I see as an ok size on the mac is not in the really world... Have reduced all image sizes to be with in 900x900 hopefully that will resolve the issue.

If you could have another look and let me know that would be great..

Nigel

About your About page...

minds eye should read mind's eye

view the locations and scenes captured through my view finder - two occurrences of view in close proximity, so you may like to change it to view the locations and scenes captured through my lenses

please do visit again, if you would like more information about any images within this Blog or more information about the services I offer would, I think, be better as please do visit again. If you would like more information about any images within this Blog or the services I offer

If you wanted to do the font size thing, add links for Light and Dark Large pointing to duplicate style sheets with the following change:
.container {
width:100%;
font-size:100%;
color:#333;
}

Many thanks for the feed back, I forget about that sometimes, what I see as an ok size on the mac is not in the really world... Have reduced all image sizes to be with in 900x900 hopefully that will resolve the issue.

If you could have another look and let me know that would be great..

Nigel

Portrait shots are still a bit big TBH, nothing to do with a mac however, I assume you have a 24" screen with a 1920x1200 resolution? That's the deciding factor, even my 20" screen I have to scroll down to see the bit at the bottom. Most people still have a 19" screen with a much lower resolution.:)

Also your previous and next buttons don't seem to work, unless I click on "gallery" and click each picture all I can see is the church photo (on IE8)

Nice... Though a popular theme. I use it, and jl (tom) does. Can'tcomment on size as currently on iPhone so have to scroll anywas.

Portrait shots are still a bit big TBH, nothing to do with a mac however, I assume you have a 24" screen with a 1920x1200 resolution? That's the deciding factor, even my 20" screen I have to scroll down to see the bit at the bottom. Most people still have a 19" screen with a much lower resolution.:)

Also your previous and next buttons don't seem to work, unless I click on "gallery" and click each picture all I can see is the church photo (on IE8)

Amp34

thanks for the comments I have just looked at the site using IE and a 19" monitor and yet the bottom of the portrait shots is still being chopped so I will address that later on this evening.

I have tried the navigation and all the button are working for me so I do not know what the issue is there. I am trying the site on my work machine Windoz and it seems fine.

Thanks for the comments

Nigel

Nice... Though a popular theme. I use it, and jl (tom) does. Can'tcomment on size as currently on iPhone so have to scroll anywas.

Thanks for the comments 68ibs it does seem that is it is the most popular one at the moment. Until I get used to the software and modifying the sheets i will keep with what i have and later on I will start to get brave with it.

Regards

Nigel

Amp34

thanks for the comments I have just looked at the site using IE and a 19" monitor and yet the bottom of the portrait shots is still being chopped so I will address that later on this evening.

I have tried the navigation and all the button are working for me so I do not know what the issue is there. I am trying the site on my work machine Windoz and it seems fine.

Thanks for the comments

Nigel

Ah yes... The "previous" button works, and once back the "next" button works...:bonk:

I was assuming it was at the start of the sequence of images, not the end so pressed "next".:LOL:

Back