Out of the shadows came...

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
a Tonka!! :D

DSC_5043b.jpg

Kev.

Cracking shot kev ,hope you ran up that bit of an hill to get to the location after all its only gentle slope lol :LOL:

Wow,

Your photos never fail to amaze me, absolutely love them :) You must have a lot of patience. I love all these plane shots, I prefer the ww2 planes but these are great!

I was once stood on the roof of Blackpool police HQ on Bonny Street as a Harrier jump jet hovered over the Sea Life Centre. If was so close I could feel the hot air pushing me over and the smell of jet wash. I could read the writing on the sides of the pods etc but my camera was at home. It is the only time I have been in a position to take pictures as good as yours and I failed miserably :D

Struggled even finding it. It was that foggy!! When we got over the top, I genuinely took a while to find the spot. Couldn't see 10ft in front of us.

Kev.

Thanks Darren. You'll have to come up with me some time. (y)

Kev.

Wow, amazing shot, so sharp and crisp, the detail is amazing! Ive tried photographing fast moving aircraft and found it challenging! Though to be fair I was using basic equipment at the time! Good work!

Seriously I would love to. I might have to bring Julian (wheels) along if thats ok (y)

We would need to work out how then. Its not very easy to get on some of these hillsides at the best of times. But we could investigate the options. (y)

Kev.

Wow, amazing shot, so sharp and crisp, the detail is amazing! Ive tried photographing fast moving aircraft and found it challenging! Though to be fair I was using basic equipment at the time! Good work!

Thanks Matthew. It is very challenging! Thats the buzz! :D It's taken me 2 years ( 5 trips) to get to this stage and there are far better guys out there than me!
I'm hoping to catch them up though. :D

Kev.

wow, love it!

:agree:

Lovely and sharp, you've hit the nail with the framing.

Cracking shot kev ,hope you ran up that bit of an hill to get to the location after all its only gentle slope lol :LOL:

Seriously I would love to. I might have to bring Julian (wheels) along if thats ok (y)

[S1]How the hell would that one work? I would need a jet to get me up there :LOL:, but god yeah if I could I would[/S1]

We would need to work out how then. Its not very easy to get on some of these hillsides at the best of times. But we could investigate the options. (y)

:shrug:

Kev.

[S1]How the hell would that one work? I would need a jet to get me up there :LOL:, but god yeah if I could I would[/S1]

Car..... Into car park.... Julian into wheel chair with camera.... Photos taken... reverse the above :D

There is a layby at Tebay Julian that I believe you can park in and see the aircraft come round. It's just a bit further on than where I shot these.
Maybe someone who knows the place better than me will be able to show some shots from there.
I've seen the place, but not been there when they have come through.

Kev.

Id be happy with just getting a clear shot of a wing tip or tail on the plane ;)

Id be happy with just getting a clear shot of a wing tip or tail on the plane ;)

Just a thought. Directly opposite from where I shot this, there is a road that you should be able to park and shoot from. It can be seen from my other shots posted earlier.
I'll try to keep out of the shot for you, so it's not ruined! :D

Kev.

Kev.

Kev dont forget the layby just after you cross over the motorway you should be able to get level shots from there if there is any one who might not be upto the hills and iam sure they would find it a good and easy location (y)

Kev you really pull those shots off Mate. Stunning, just stunning :clap:

Wow this and your other shots are just stunning. Where are these taken from, are they from public areas and what length of lens do you use.

Amazing stuff and thanks for sharing.

Stew

Wow this and your other shots are just stunning. Where are these taken from, are they from public areas and what length of lens do you use.

Amazing stuff and thanks for sharing.

Stew

Usually I only tend to need 300mm. But I used the 2 x converter for this one. So 600mm FF.
This may help you with a bit of info: http://www.warplane.co.uk/location%20guide.htm

See you up the hills soon! (y)

Kev.

Back