Out of town weddings

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a couple people interested in weddings up in essex, I live down in kent so getting there can be a bit naff.

What is the best option, find somewhere to stay and then budget that as well or leave really early ( its about 1.5 hours)

Road network is good down there, I am in Lincolnshire and had a wedding in Suffolk last weekend. I decided to travel down the day before.

Of course you have the M25 and the dartford tunnel to contend with. Was there an option to travel down a week early :D:D:D

I have a couple people interested in weddings up in essex, I live down in kent so getting there can be a bit naff.

What is the best option, find somewhere to stay and then budget that as well or leave really early ( its about 1.5 hours)

for an hour and a half I'd just leave early. in Kent/London thats not a long journey time

You just need to factor in the risk involved if there is a problem on the roads. Is there an alternative route? How much extra would that put on the journey?

You know what your driving is like so would it stress you making that journey?

Those are the things I would be taking into account and taking the camper. :)

It would be the nearest travel lodge for me. I find I have more than enough to worry about without adding traffic jams to the equation.

I had to drive to and from Porthcawl past Cardiff from Manchester the other week, all on the same day, as well as shoot from noon until 10pm...it was out of necessity and I won't be doing again in a hurry!

Best to be on the safe side and stick to travelling on one day only..and either stay over night before or after the wedding.

probably depend what time you have to be there? If its not until early pm i'd probably leave early morning. Also what day, are you likely to get stuck in rush hour?

Anna

If the M25 and river crossing are involved I would go the night before and book at travelodge or something in plenty of time to get lower rates! At least you know you are going to be able to get there without a panic.

Back