Outlets for Football Conference game images

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
Yes
Is anyone who shoots conference football games willing to help me out with potential outlets for match images?

I'm hoping to get to the Wrexham vs Bristol Rovers game this coming Tuesday and aside from the non-league paper and trying to research the local papers for both Wrexham (I'm presuming they'll have a photographer there?) and Bristol, I wondered if there are any other outlets I can try? What should I be expecting as the going rate for usage for Conference images too?

Help is appreciated. Any advice on shooting at the Racecourse ground would be great too, parking etc.

Cheers!

I'm going on what I saw / heard from others when a club photographer with a Conference club but believe NLP (usually commissioned in advance AFAIK) and local papers are your best bet.

As for parking - there used to be I believe a university car park to the side of the ground for a small charge, if you drive past the ground to your right, go right at the roundabout and the entrance is to the right off the next roundabout. Entrance to the ground just along from the players tunnel and you're guided through to pitch side, no media facilities to speak of. This is based on my experiences on a visit in 2012, don't know if any of this has since changed. Good luck!

NLP (usually commissioned in advance AFAIK) and local papers are your best bet.

+1, NLP will be your main source for conference matches and will commission in advance only unless something happens on the pitch and they need/want images of it. The only other outlets I found is higher ranking papers if its a cup match etc. when the clubs on a cup run...

Non League Paper told me they would normally accept images but as it's mid week they haven't got room as the paper is full of the weekend games. I have emailed the local Wrexham paper and the Bristol one too so might get some interest from them, failing that, hopefully something really interesting will happen and I'll capture it! Thanks for the help guys.

Hey mate, Hope your ok. Ive done Wrexham recently, I think your only hope is something special happening. Wrexham leader is boxed off with Wrexham Club Photographer Les and heard Bristol now have their own guy also supplying papers locally so seems boths ends tied up. Parking still at the Uni next door, Free if your on the list. No media facilites so dont rush in, Shell garage opposite to grab a brew and sandwich maybe but I sat in car til last minute

Thanks mate, I'm good ta, suffering a bit with the cold weather here! Thought that Bristol papers would be my best bet, didn't think they'd send anyone up here on a cold wintery Tuesday night, but could well be wrong!

Won't rush there then with no media room. Good job I'm staying about 15 minute drive from the ground.

OK, 0-0 but a great one. Red card and the Bristol captain having to play in goal for over half the game as they didn't take a sub keeper! Got some nice images, I was very happy. However, nobody to send them to! I emailed to NLP even though they said they probably wouldn't use anything, thinking a shot of the defender putting on the goalkeeper jersey might be of interest amongst a few other shots.

Then I see that the BBC have done an article on the keeper thing and used an old stock photo from Getty. I tried to get in touch with the BBC sports desk or whatever it is 3 times by 3 different emails/forms earlier in the week but no responses. Same with Daily Mail. Can anybody give me the right email address at least for the BBC? I hate to ask for things to be put on a plate for me but I cannot find it myself!

Dont bother mate, BBC dont* pay

* Of course they do but in general they wont, they will use club issued freebies or old stock before anything else

Dont bother mate, BBC dont* pay

* Of course they do but in general they wont, they will use club issued freebies or old stock before anything else
And you know why mate, i saw 2 of mine as backdrops to the Super League Show so asked you know who how much i got for them, he said he gave them away because thay said they could get similar from Leeds and Saints clubs, i said not my problem as the only free stuff from me was for trade papers so he reluctantly gave me £100

Back