Overboard Waterproof Camera Case

Edit My Images
Yes
Obviously no good for a DSLR but I noticed this in my firebox catalogue last night.

http://www.firebox.com/product/2050?src_t=sbk&src_id=underwater

£15 for an waterproof camera case that floats. Could be worth a look in. I might get one for the Fuji F31d to take to Florida and snap the underwater wildlife in Discovery Cove.

Its guarunteed up to a depth of 19ft apparently.

As well as water, Overboard Waterproof Cases will protect your gear from sand, dust, suntan lotion, beer and anything else (within reason) you'd care to think of. They'll even keep precious devices dry when completely submerged in water. In fact they're submersible to 19ft - guaranteed!

Although further reading suggests the Fuji might not go....

Please Note:
Camera case not suitable for cameras with telescopic lenses

p2050ex6.gif

p2050b.jpg

Submersible and operational are two vastly different concepts Matt - 19ft is getting on for 6 metres, which in underwater terms is nearly an full atmosphere.

I dont doubt the case will be waterproof, but i wouldn't expect the buttons to work or the lens to be able to deploy (without mechanical failure)

Rigid casings are the way to go - much more expensive but able to do the job (y)

its got a transparent back apparently which allows you to see the lcd and use the buttons, you might struggle with the shutter button.

Definately intended to be used whilst its in the case according to the marketing bumph though

I think as long as it doesn't have a lens that extends/retracts - its all self contained then you can use it.

Its no good for my fuji because the lens pops out when you turn it on. We've got some kodak cameras here that would do though.

This site has a few cases that are waterproof (up to 16 ft)and support cameras with 'pop out' lenses.

Linky Winky

and this place does some pukka case and the placcy bag type

Another Linky Winky

Am after one for my little casio exilim S500 for my holiday this year.

Back