Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Name: Oxford Image Company
Product: 16"x12" Canvas Print
Price: £35 (inc delivery)
Rating: 9/10

Decided to order myself a canvas print the other day. Asking around on the tp irc channel (chat room) I was recommended to try the Oxford Image Company (http://www.oxfordimagecompany.com/). They are very competitive on price, and much cheaper than the place I was going to use that I knew would deliver quality, but I decided to try someone cheaper just to see what I got, and I am not disappointed!

For £35 (inc delivery) I got a 16x12 canvas print of this photo:
20090615132724_rolleicord_in_the_field.jpg

I placed my order at 14:15 on Tuesday and it arrived this morning via Royal Mail. It was VERY well packed in about 10 layers of bubble wrap and then wrapped in brown paper. There were no problems with the order and I received a nice email yesterday informing me it had been sent and would be here today. The whole process of ordering is automated on their site but there is a nice human touch with emails being sent from individuals rather than an automated system (or so it seems).

Anyway, the important part...the canvas print looks and feels excellent.

(Excuse the barrel distortion from my 17-40)

The colours, contrast & brightness are all spot on. It is really vivid and stands out really well on a white wall.

The corners are neat, if a little bulky. There is a slightly bulky bit where the canvas overlaps, but that is to be expected and doesn't detract from the finished print.

It comes mounted and ready to be hung with string attached to the back. It is very light and the canvas is very tight, but not so much that it could be easily punctured. The canvas itself seems to be high quality and the texture of the canvas shows through, but not too much.

So overall, very impressed and for the price the quality is excellent.

I just have to say I like how it pops off the wall.. great shot. Very cool.

Thanks for reviewing the canvas work too!

It look good great colours and sharpness.
thanks for sharing your experience.
Dave

Thanks for the informative review Tom. On the back of it I have just ordered a canvas for our Lounge.
Must say that the customer service has been superb thus far - only placed the order 30 mins ago and I have already had personal emails from someone at the company clarifying things. They are even doing a sneaky edit for me!

Cant wait to receive it - I went for a 18" x 12" full bleed. Super fast service as I am told it should be winging its way to me by midweek!

Will report back when it arrives.

Thanks again.

Thanks for this reveiw, I have subscribed to this to watch another outcome before I get a canvas done myself. By the way Tom that's a nice pic that looks great on your wall.

That looks fantastic, one day I hope to have a picture worthy of hanging on my wall.

Thanks for the review Jimmy. Must try a sample print! :)

Thanks for the review - I'll bear them in mind when I want one done.

+1 for the great customer service.

We had a minor hiccup with ours - two beach photos for different customers came in within 10 mins and got mixed up. Result was a reprint of ours and we were allowed to keep the other one. Total time from ordering to getting the (2nd!) final print was under 4 days.

Mistakes happen in any business, it's how they are dealt with that is the standard for a good company. On this respect, these guys are top class!

I think these guys did the canvas I have hanging on my living wall, and if it is, they did a top job on it. Three years on and it still look amazing.

Another update:

Ordered a last minute canvas for a client just before Christmas (the Sunday before) and it arrived on the Tuesday. Looked amazing and the client loved it! Really can't fault them in the slightest.

A massive (y) from me for them as well.

Based on this review I decided to have a print done for the wife's birthday, the order process seemed simple enough and I liked the fact that paypal was one of the options when it came to pay. However a few days later I checked back onto the site to check the status of my order only to find that it hadn't changed so I used the contact us option on the site to ask what was happening with my order.

It didn't take long before I had an email back explaining that there had been a hitch with the photo I'd uploaded and that it wasn't there when they had gone to print it earlier on that day the email contained a link that I could use to upload my photo a second time along with a promise to print my order first thing on the Monday morning and to send it via overnight courier. So the next day (Saturday) I uploaded the photo again and sent another email with the file name of the photo and declining the offer of the free overnight courier as the canvas wasn’t needed until the Saturday, I got an email back within the hour to confirm that they now had the photo which meant I wasn’t spending the rest of the weekend wondering if things had worked this time.

The canvas arrived extremely well packed on the following Wednesday and I have to say I can only echo what’s been said above with regards to the quality of the canvas the wife was over the moon with her present.

It’s nice to see good old fashion customer service playing such a large part with Oxford Image Company and I will certainly be using them again when I’m after a canvas.

still using these guys, service is great!

had a slight problem with one canvas before xmas, the image had a slight flaw. contacted them and had a new one sent out the following day (canvases cannot be shipped the same day as printed).

(y)

Had a search of the forum regarding canvas prints and this thread turned up.

Based on Tom's review and everyone else's experience of the Oxford Image Company I placed an ordered last Sunday, arrived home yesterday to find that the item had been delivered.

I am very happy with the quality of the print and work, far superior to any other canvas print I've tried previously and an extremely fast turn around.

I will certainly be using this company again and would like to say thanks for the thread as it brought the company to my attention.

Cheers,

Jason

I've used Oxford Image Company in the past thanks to this review and other posts on the forum about them and I have to say I'm 100% satisfied, and will be using them again in the future, I know I can probably find cheaper suppliers but it's the quality of the product that I'm concerned about not the cost and Oxford Image Company's quality is superb (y)

Matt

Thanks for the reviews, may well check in on these as i have an order for 2 x canvas prints.

Back