Painting someone. Paint & protection ?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
I have had a friend who's decided she would like a portrait session completing with her painted silver !!!

She has seen a set of images featuring Holly Willoughby, painted silver, and shot by Rankin.

The write up on Rankin's shoot stated they had used spray paint mixed with baby oil, though nothing about preparing or protecting the skin. I can't really see that simply mixing baby oil would protect the models skin. I have trawled the net, finding many examples of painted people yet no details on skin protection or the type of paint used.

My questions are -

1. Which or what skin preparation should I use before applying paint ?

2. Which paint or indeed skin coating is the safest for this effect ?

Last edited:
Remember to leave a small patch of unpainted skin at the base of the spine we don't want her ending up like Jill masterson do we :p

Remember to leave a small patch of unpainted skin at the base of the spine we don't want her ending up like Jill masterson do we :p
That's an urban myth. Read the link. Humans don't breathe through their skin.

A picture of the appendage usually involved in urine passing would almost certainly fall foul of the forum rules... ;)

To the OP, as well as the suggestions already posted, look in yellow pages for theatrical make up suppliers and ask them about body paint/make up or try a local college with a performing arts faculty.

Back