Panamaz, HDEW, delist Nikon

I think they just seen it as an opportunity to hike prices.

A D500 £1069 ? I have seen it there for £939
I paid 1050 back in August, I know it’s cheaper on other grey sites.

Back with errors it seems ... Z6, adapter and 24-70 the same price as Z6 and 24-70 without adapter.

.... That's not necessarily an error but is likely to be due to Panamoz/HDEW's source and the price fluctuations they buy them in for. Remember they don't hold stock and work on lower profit margins than high street retailers.

Sorry Robin,just speculating,it’s something that I’ve heard mentioned on some sites for a while but can’t find any links at moment

Sorry Robin,just speculating,it’s something that I’ve heard mentioned on some sites for a while but can’t find any links at moment

.... I thought you were probably joking/speculating :D. Your post certainly pricked up my ears! Although I am a Canon user.

I don't think Sony Nikon will ever merge, Sony is larger company that does more than just cameras while Nikon is pretty much only a camera company.

So it'll be Sony buying out Nikon rather than a merger like they did with Minolta

Sony/Nikon merging is a rumour thats almost as old as DSLR's are... its been doing the rounds for at least the last 4-5 years... I don't see it happening frankly.

I doubt it but some close association or collaboration agreement, considering existing sensor trades, would be totally realistic. And you'd probably never read about it.

I don't think Sony Nikon will ever merge, Sony is larger company that does more than just cameras while Nikon is pretty much only a camera company.

So it'll be Sony buying out Nikon rather than a merger like they did with Minolta

What on earth gave you that idea? It is complete nonsense.

Nikon's semiconductor business is there largest and most profitable source of income.

They also sell high end Healthcare products like microscopes, Lithography systems, CNC measuring systems, and a multitude of other things.

It is unlikely that Nikon and Sony would ever merge those rumours started when Nikon started to use Sony sensors and it was just a case of people putting 2 & 2 together and coming up with 5. There is always the chance that Nikon could pull out of the camera business completely as it is no longer a source of high profit for them compared to the other products they sell though. Nikon historically has always been an optics company not a camera company.

Last edited:
Not sure what this thread is about because Panamoz still list Nikons:

https://panamoz.com/digital-cameras/nikon.html
Perhaps read the whole thread before commenting?

The short of it is thread started on the 12th Jan when it had all been removed but it was noted to be all back by the evening of 14th Jan (post 34). People also had orders cancelled during this time as stock wasn’t available and they didn’t have definite timeframes for it being available again (although email said they hoped latter in the week). Something happened that made them remove (not mark as out of stock) all Nikon stock from the website. No one is exactly sure why.

Last edited:

Nikon's semiconductor business is there largest and most profitable source of income.

They also sell high end Healthcare products like microscopes, Lithography systems, CNC measuring systems, and a multitude of other things.

It is unlikely that Nikon and Sony would ever merge those rumours started when Nikon started to use Sony sensors and it was just a case of people putting 2 & 2 together and coming up with 5. There is always the chance that Nikon could pull out of the camera business completely as it is no longer a source of high profit for them compared to the other products they sell though. Nikon historically has always been an optics company not a camera company.

It's amazing how often people are naive about the companies behind our hobby. Cameras are only a small devision of all of the major camera companies (except maybe Pentax, which is just a brand but Ricoh is pretty big anyway) and are generally little more than an extended brand awareness exercise...

It's amazing how often people are naive about the companies behind our hobby. Cameras are only a small devision of all of the major camera companies (except maybe Pentax, which is just a brand but Ricoh is pretty big anyway) and are generally little more than an extended brand awareness exercise...

The question is if Nikon's camera business went down the drain would it survive?
I didn't think so since the camera business (and optics that go with it) seemed to be their bread and butter.
I don't claim to have the facts though, if you guys do happy to be proven wrong.

The question is if Nikon's camera business went down the drain would it survive?
I didn't think so since the camera business (and optics that go with it) seemed to be their bread and butter.
I don't claim to have the facts though, if you guys do happy to be proven wrong.

Yes, you are wrong as I said above semiconductors are the most important part of Nikon’s business both in terms of turnover and profit.

Nikon could step out of cameras tomorrow morning and still have a very large and profitable business.

The majority of Nikon “optics” business has nothing at all to do with cameras.There optics are used in thousands of different devices and machinery.

There is an argument for saying that Nikon would be better to ditch photographic and that it's only a vanity project due to their history in the photographic market which is very important to the Japanese even over and above business interests.

Last edited:
I ordered a Z7 when it came back on line and it arrived in 3 days. Just about to order a 14-30 when they get stock, great company.

Back