Panamoz - 5 stars from me

Edit My Images
No
Really can't praise them enough. Ordered a 5d iii with 24-105 f4l and spare battery on Monday and everything arrived on Wednesday morning! A lot of UK companies could learn from Panamoz. Helpful, very quick to respond to emails and the price was even less than I could buy the camera on its own from UK. I will not hesitate to buy any lenses I buy in the future from them.

I do normally like to buy my equipment from the UK. I usually use UKDigital but what I bought from Panamoz was over £1000 more from them.

Well you guys are lucky. I tried to order a canon 60D with a twin lens kit(18-55 & 55-250) and they wouldn't accept my visa debit card. Kept saying there was problems with paypal and to choose another payment method. Unfortunately I couldn't see another method even though they kept telling me to choose one. I've heard a lot on another forum about direct bank transfer but couldn't even see an option for that. I think I will probably just wait a few days, check my bank account so that they havent helped themselves to my money and just order the single 18-55 lens from amazon who i know to be safe.

I sent an email about these issues but have yet to get a response. Quite frankly I wouldn't even give this company half a star never mind 5.

Well you guys are lucky. I tried to order a canon 60D with a twin lens kit(18-55 & 55-250) and they wouldn't accept my visa debit card. Kept saying there was problems with paypal and to choose another payment method. Unfortunately I couldn't see another method even though they kept telling me to choose one. I've heard a lot on another forum about direct bank transfer but couldn't even see an option for that. I think I will probably just wait a few days, check my bank account so that they havent helped themselves to my money and just order the single 18-55 lens from amazon who i know to be safe.

I sent an email about these issues but have yet to get a response. Quite frankly I wouldn't even give this company half a star never mind 5.

Struggling to understand what you mean was there a problem with your debit card or paypal
or was it a problem with paypal trying to draw the funds from your debit card
Is your card actually linked to your paypal ? Does your card have a single transaction security limit
Panamoz will just like every other company be using a 3rd party payment merchant service for card transactions

In order to pay by bank transfer you will need to click the contact us button and send your order by email they will send you an invoice back with your order total and the details of their bank in the UK for you to transfer the amount to
People normally do this via their on line banking service I assume you have this you will need to put your invoice number as payment reference
Simples even I managed it lol

Last edited:
Is this a fairly new Paypal account? I know they can be a bit cautious until you get confirmed etc. I ordered a phone from them yesterday, payed with Paypal (wasn't offered any other option) and it's already well on the way.

Re waiting for response from Panamoz.

Is Tina, who I think is the main contact, based in UK or HK.

How long does it generally take from receiving the tracking e-mail and UPS saying:

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

To the order actually dispatching? Been 23 hours now for me and no tracking update...

How long does it generally take from receiving the tracking e-mail and UPS saying:

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

To the order actually dispatching? Been 23 hours now for me and no tracking update...

It'll be today for sure and it'll be on a plane tonight. That's how mine went, so don't worry.

Finally received an email about my issues and it would appear that my problems with paypal were due to a technical problem at their end and nothing to do with my card or anything I did incorrectly at my end. I might try again after the weekend.

In my case, shipping with DHL, ordered on 31st, dispatched on 1st, currently drinking beer and eating bratwurst in Leipzig. I'm hoping for delivery midweek.

In my case, shipping with DHL, ordered on 31st, dispatched on 1st, currently drinking beer and eating bratwurst in Leipzig. I'm hoping for delivery midweek.

Based on my experiences, I'd make sure someone's in to take delivery on Monday...

They always do - I got a lens from Jessops and it was just the same

Based on my experiences, I'd make sure someone's in to take delivery on Monday...

You weren't wrong, delivery that fast with a stopover for the weekend in East Midlands is just excellent!

I ordered a Nikon V1 twin lens kit from them 2 weeks ago. I transferred the money using bank transfer to save 5% on the Saturday morning and the camera was waiting for me at work Wednesday morning. DHL tracking was brilliant. The camera was wrapped in about 12 foot of bubble wrap. I paid for there 1 year replacement warranty too.

I have also had very good service from HDEW. I prefer dealing with HDEW as you always get someone on the phone whereas with Panamoz you usually get an answer phone.

I am still having problems with getting stuff from this company. I tried again today and all seemed to be going well right until the end of the transaction when I got the error message:

PayPal gateway has rejected request. The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method (#10417: Transaction cannot complete

Does anyone know exactly what this error message means and how I might get around it so I can finally buy my camera?

Not sure why you dug up an old thread but its an API error:

Error number: 10417

Transaction cannot complete.

The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method.

Instruct the customer that PayPal is unable to process the payment and redisplay alternative payment methods with which the customer can pay.

You'll need to contact Panamoz.

Not sure why you dug up an old thread but its an API error:

You'll need to contact Panamoz.

Thanks for that. I did contact Panamoz and they sent a link for me to contact paypal which I also did. I am still waiting for a reply from them though.

Back