Panamoz electronics

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

Has anyone any experience of using this website. There prices look to be really really cheap on site, and i am just wondering how genuine they are.

For example, canon 7D for £859 and a 600D for £438.

I have a worry that its a little too good to be true.

Any opinions?

Hi All

Has anyone any experience of using this website. There prices look to be really really cheap on site, and i am just wondering how genuine they are.

For example, canon 7D for £859 and a 600D for £438.

I have a worry that its a little too good to be true.

Any opinions?

They are a drop ship company i.e. Don't have things in stock, but then rder them from abroad once you order.

Not sure if they arebactually legit or not.

I did used to live not far from where they are based and asked if I could pay cash on collection and they said no.

Thanks. I had read that they bring on everything from their warehouse in hong kong, which rang an alarm bell or two, although you can pay paypal, which would give some security??

My experience with Panamoz.

I decided to take the risk and ordered a Nikon V1 kit with 10-30 & 30-110 plus a SB-N5 flash on Tuesday 22/11/11 including their own 1 year product replacement extra warranty. My saving was over £260 on UK prices, which was sufficient for me to risk not having any UK warranty on the body, the lenses are covered by Nikons International warranty, I checked all this out with Nikon UK before I decided to order. In fact I can buy a 3 year warranty cover on the body via insurance for less than the money I've saved. :D

Back to my order and shipping experience.

I received an acknowledgement the same day. I received another e-mail the next day (Wednesday) saying the goods had been despatched together with a UPS tracking number. Everything tracked perfectly and the goods have just arrived exactly as ordered, complete with a UK mains lead and a Nikon Hong Kong warranty (as expected).

I paid the extra £9.00 for product replacement cover and have received Panamoz's own warranty reference numbers for the kit and the flash. I hope I don't have to use this even though I paid for it! ;)

I'm happy to report that so far everything has gone smoothly. :D (y)

I'm now charging the battery and will report back about product quality.

P.S. I'm not a Panamoz plant as those who've bought items from me and have followed my postings on this forum since I joined can testify.

Okay, Sod's Law rules, I will need that replacement warranty! - Everything is alright apart from the 10-30mm lens which is faulty. :annoyed: :crying:

The camera comes up with this error message when you power up. :puke:

6419658035_e2ab280aae_z.jpg

Nothing clears it. I tried cleaning contacts and also upgrading the firmware as per the recent recent firmware upgrade issued by Nikon, but no change :thumbsdown:

So I've sent off an e-mail to Panamoz support for a replacement. Let's see what happens. :shrug:

Regards
Richard

Last edited:
I had a poor experience, they said expensive lens was in stock, ordered, few days later no confirmation etc. tried ringing them (good luck!!), eventually got a refund.

Wouldnt touch them again. If people dont answer phones and have up to date stock and lie about items in stock imagine if something went wrong and had to claim warranty if you ever got your item in the first place.

There are other Grey importers Id rather use for little extra cost.

Last edited:
Well, I received my replacement kit today and all in perfect condition. :D

Panamoz have communicated faultlessly during the replacement phase and have said they will refund my costs to send the faulty unit back to their UK address.

I cannot complain at all about their service, it's been smooth and plain sailing. In many ways it's been useful to be able to test their "replacement" guarantee despite the inconvienence of having to send the faulty kit back and wait for the replacement.

All in all it took under 1 week from the return to receiving the replacement, I sent the faulty product back to their UK address on Wed 30th by RMSD and received the replacement today (5th Dec) by UPS. (y)

Regards
Richard

Gary, ( Vulcan 2912 ) used this company recently to buy a high end lens and had no qualms whatsoever.

I am planning to buy Tamron 17-50 mm F/2.8 – Nikon fit lens and Panamoz seems to have one of the cheap prices (£230) around. From your experiences would you recommend this dealer to buy the lens from? Or any other suggesstions are welcome.

I ordered my G1X from Panamoz on the Wednesday night (live in England), and it arrived here yesterday (Monday). If i ordered Tuesday, it would have been here by the Friday!

I have heard everyones worries/fears about them, but ordered anyway as it was £509 instead of £699 here!

I basically emailed prior to ordering to make sure they had them. They responded to say they did, so i ordered it and hey presto it arrived :)

I can only speak as i find and they delivered as promised!

I ordered my G1X from Panamoz on the Wednesday night (live in England), and it arrived here yesterday (Monday). If i ordered Tuesday, it would have been here by the Friday!

I have heard everyones worries/fears about them, but ordered anyway as it was £509 instead of £699 here!

I basically emailed prior to ordering to make sure they had them. They responded to say they did, so i ordered it and hey presto it arrived :)

Did you enjoy a further discount by paying via bank transfer :)

I ordered a Sigma 150-500 OS from them on the 1st, Jan this year and the cost was £610 + p&p (£9.99). The company didn't reopen until the 3rd, Jan and I received it on the 6th, Jan at 1.30pm. It was the first time I'd bought anything from them but it wont be the last. An excellent company that gives excellent service from start to finish and I saved about £150 off the cheapest price I could find in the UK.
It came with a 3 year warranty and if it has to go back to Panamoz first then so be it. I've got other lenses that I can use while its away and I'd rather save the money in the first place instead of spending £150 just in case it goes wrong for the UK repair.

:thinking: £699 http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/prod2406.html

With a lens or two ?

Last edited:
Back