Panamoz - wow

Name
Richard Wong
Edit My Images
No
one of the number of threads singing the praise of Panamoz...I ordered a D610 from panamoz and below is the overall (amazing and hassle free) experience

Order inquired on Wednesday night via online BAC contact form
Thursday morning email received with an invoice and instruction for BAC payment
- I exchanged a number of emails with Panamoz regarding order details, invoice details and delivery, each time I sent a query, the response was received within a minute.
Then I ordered on Friday evening via BAC
email confirming the BAC was received at 7am Saturday
Monday DHL tracking was received
Tuesday (Today) - Camera Arrived!!!

I don't think I have ever experienced such speedy and responsive service from any of the UK dealerships such as MPB and WEX albeit they are all super star retailers.

only issue I have is that the charger has no english plug thus need an adaptor and the box had been opened and the manual has been removed. Neither affects me or anyone looking to use the camera what so ever.

simply put...superb services.

No plug and no manual=no hassle?!
Man you're easily pleased. ;)

Reactions: BBR
No plug and no manual=no hassle?!
Man you're easily pleased. ;)
Lol you got a good point there :). Luckily it isn't my first Nikon, so the wire is all the sane :)

Although the camera system was in Japanese which was very confusing, I had to use my d7000 to find the language setting.

Last edited:
Box opened. No plug. No manual. That's not what I would call good service.

Does the camera body number on the box match that shown on your EXIF data?

There is a number on the box isn't there?

all matches, all brand new stuff. that was the first thing i checked :)

Last edited:
That's unusual I've had 3 cameras from them over time not all at once and they all had manuals and Uk plugs supplied, OMD E-M5 even had a manual when Uk was a cd rather than paper manual if i remember.

6 days ago, I ordered some deworming tablets for my dog from a large UK based pet supermarket.
The order still hasn't been dispatched.

And Yet UK companies have the nerve to complain about far eastern companies taking their business away.

Reactions: edz
Was thinking of ordering a 6d kit from them! Might not bother now. I don't call that good service, I would be sending it back mate tbh.

6 days ago, I ordered some deworming tablets for my dog from a large UK based pet supermarket.
The order still hasn't been dispatched.

And Yet UK companies have the nerve to complain about far eastern companies taking their business away.

Think I know which one your talking about. We've now stopped using them. We pay for expedited del 2-4 days yay....but it takes them 7 days to damn despatch

the box had been opened and the manual has been removed.

and presumably any manufacturers guarantee info and ref no. Is there still a ID number on the camera as that perhaps needs to be used to download software (or is that just Canon)?

Was thinking of ordering a 6d kit from them! Might not bother now. I don't call that good service, I would be sending it back mate tbh.
My 6D from them came with the UK manual and mains cable in the box :)

and presumably any manufacturers guarantee info and ref no. Is there still a ID number on the camera as that perhaps needs to be used to download software (or is that just Canon)?
that's canon, the nikons come supplied with a CD with all the software on it. the camera ID is also printed on the body

and yes the warranty card is taken out also.

and I think i didn't have a UK plug is because the camera was a japanese model as opposed to a HK model. I think 3 plugs which would have fitted Japan and chinese and most of the asian's main. just no european LOL

The D610 is great tho. I am coming from D7K so the setup and shape is identical meaning zero time wasted in getting used to it. and there are a couple nice safety features around the dials - locking mechs, to prevent accidental change of settings. The IQ looks a lot better from the camera screen but that may be the LCD itself.

Last edited:
I attract bad luck with camera gear, seriously. In the past year I've had a very faulty new lens from WEX (twice) and fun and games waiting for a very delayed refund, issues more than once with the normally reliable DPD when ordering from MPB, a DOA lens from MPB, and a DOA camera from HDEW that I'm waiting on a postage refund for.

Panamoz get constant praise here so I decided to throw my morals in the bin and order from them (and as an experiment, look into settling the tax bill after delivery)...

26/07/14: Ordered Sony A7 + 55mm 1.8
29/07/14: Received email, A7 out of stock, they asked if I would mind the 55mm posted now and the A7 in a few days.

The A7 is still showing in stock on the site, but they definitely don't have any available, and I haven't had a tracking number for the 55mm yet, they do have my money, however. We have our first baby due very shortly and no camera, getting nervous now!

Last edited:
looking for new gear here in uk i keep coming back to panamoz due to their excellent prices. even better, save additional 5% if pay BACS. how safe you find it guys?

Mine got delivered 3 working days after the payment so can't complain.

A7 dispatched, scheduled for delivery Monday. £20 just popped up in my Paypal as a goodwill gesture for the delay. Impressive.

That didn't hang about, A7 delivered today, Hong Kong, Dubai, Germany, UK in two days! No manual included but just downloaded one as it's more useful on my phone anyway.

Ironically my Amazon Prime delivery (despatched Thursday) is nowhere to be seen.

Ironically my Amazon Prime delivery (despatched Thursday) is nowhere to be seen.

That's why I cancelled my Prime Delivery - often after waiting all day for a delivery they would say that they had called but no one was in - and this happened more than once!

Just discovered my A7 has Chinese menus, got no idea where language selection is, I'm sure with some digging I will find it!

That didn't hang about, A7 delivered today, Hong Kong, Dubai, Germany, UK in two days! No manual included but just downloaded one as it's more useful on my phone anyway.

I must admit theses days I never read the manual,much easer to download and read from my laptop of phone :)

Just discovered my A7 has Chinese menus, got no idea where language selection is, I'm sure with some digging I will find it!
most likely to be in japanese, mine was in that mode and luckily the menu system is almost identical to my D7K so it was relatively easy to find.

Another Wow from me!

I have always paid over the top on equipment but don't mind as my local shop havev looked after me very well over the years. This time though the temptation was just to good to turn down.

I was after a Canon 16-35 for IS and the price difference between my local shop an Panamoz was well over £500! So placed order on the 7th and received it this morning. Well packaged and everything working fine.

I will be using Panamoz more in the future and sadly my local store less.

well the local shop still has its use. unfortunately you are right that for these higher value items Panamoz is unbeatable.

but for lower end items the difference between import and local is minimal so you might as well get it locally and have the peace of mind - manufacturer warranty :)

saving up for the 24-70 nikkor now :)

Received my 16-35 f4 L this morning as well. Ordered last Wednesday. £730

Just have to upgrade my 70-200 f4 to a 2.8 version and 2x TC and my lens collection shall be complete.

Last edited:
Received my 16-35 f4 L this morning as well. Ordered last Wednesday. £730

Just have to upgrade my 70-200 f4 to a 2.8 version and 2x TC and my lens collection shall be complete.

I'm very impressed with mine, this lens could make my Sigma 35mm f 1.4 art redundant although the sigma is an awesome lens and might just hang onto it for low light situations.

Is the gear from this company grey imports? I'm after a Canon 6d and these seem pretty cheap!

No I'd suggest buying from there. I got my 6d and 24-105mm from Panamoz with 5% reduction for paying by BT.

Panamoz have a great reputation.

Grey import means you don't enjoy the manufacturer warranty as a direct result. But panamoz offers their own warranty which is quite reputable according to the forum users here.

Just had a Nikon DF from them but the AF is shocking, back focus on all my Nikon lenses, AF fine tune no good, tried with a mates lenses and no good, exact same with a D7100 i bought a few weeks back, both cameras were horribly packaged, just the original box in a thin tight plain outer box with absolutely no extra protection like bubble wrap or anything, my thinking is they are getting banged about in transit, they did fully refund the D7100 and ive also asked for a full refund on this as well, never had any issues before but before everything has always been wrapped properly

Hi, Was looking for a 6D and after reading here and checking prices these do not seem to be the lowest.
Hdew show it at £1,135.00
Panamoz at £1282.50 (BACS Payment)
Ebay
£912.00
OK I no Ebay! but the above also sell grey imports but does it cost £200 per item to bring to the UK?
Oh and WEX £1299.00 not a grey import and interest free over 12 months with no deposist.
Do you play safe or sorry for the little extra it may cost?

Hi, Was looking for a 6D and after reading here and checking prices these do not seem to be the lowest.
Hdew show it at £1,135.00
Panamoz at £1282.50 (BACS Payment)
Ebay
£912.00
OK I no Ebay! but the above also sell grey imports but does it cost £200 per item to bring to the UK?
Oh and WEX £1299.00 not a grey import and interest free over 12 months with no deposist.
Do you play safe or sorry for the little extra it may cost?

Really?
Panamoz is £980 without the 5% discount, so £931 (BACS Payment)

Last edited:
Just had a Nikon DF from them but the AF is shocking, back focus on all my Nikon lenses, AF fine tune no good, tried with a mates lenses and no good, exact same with a D7100 i bought a few weeks back, both cameras were horribly packaged, just the original box in a thin tight plain outer box with absolutely no extra protection like bubble wrap or anything, my thinking is they are getting banged about in transit, they did fully refund the D7100 and ive also asked for a full refund on this as well, never had any issues before but before everything has always been wrapped properly

I've just had a lens from them and it must have been wrapped in 4 inches of bubble wrap.

Back