PANAMOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome company. had some doubts about them but took the plunge and ordered a lens. It arrived faster than most things i order from UK sites! Well bubble wrapped, top condidtion. Had to check the parcel for re-entry burns! Excellent tracking info all the way. I think my lens has more passport stamps than me now :)

Will be using them against soonish for my 70-200 :)

Shame the official thread went though, im sure some smug people are feeling happy about it, but at least this thread is here to highlight the company :)

Oh and it came with all the proper nikon warranty paperwork.

Last edited:
ordered the nikon d600 on Wednesday and received today. Came with english manual charger etc. Paid £1339 which is quite a saving from the cheapest uk price.
Panamoz rocks!

So we get a brand new item but a suspect warranty so we have to treat it like a secondhand item. Pay sh price for a new item and hope its all ok?

So we get a brand new item but a suspect warranty so we have to treat it like a secondhand item. Pay sh price for a new item and hope its all ok?

there is nothing suspect. i had an issue with my order and their warranty support was brilliant.

i would also like to add that i had great service and support from panamoz, my order consisted of a mk2 24-70 canon and a 5d mk3 and grip and whole porcess was brill. thumbs up from me.....

there is nothing suspect. i had an issue with my order and their warranty support was brilliant.

i would also like to add that i had great service and support from panamoz, my order consisted of a mk2 24-70 canon and a 5d mk3 and grip and whole porcess was brill. thumbs up from me.....

What was the price on the grip?

how would you stand on ordering from Panamoz (or other HK supplier) - but when DHL/UPS/other courier turn up you declare the true value, cough up the VAT etc, then claim it back off Panamoz as they are responsible.

VAT/duty paid - all legal - only Panamoz take the hit (and potential other future buyers)

Yes but the warranty is Panamoz only if they fold your stuffed whereas if you bought from Jacobs who went under you still have a valid warranty with Nikon / canon etc

Its a risk we decide to take or not. and save 25% on the price

greenoak said:
Yes but the warranty is Panamoz only if they fold your stuffed whereas if you bought from Jacobs who went under you still have a valid warranty with Nikon / canon etc

True, but in that case I'd probably ask canon to give me a quote for fixing it and hope it's less than what i saved on the original purchase.

Do they not offer world wide warranty then? I purchased an Olympus that has a worldwide warranty I have registered it with them no issues, is this different to Canon/Nikon?

Do they not offer world wide warranty then? I purchased an Olympus that has a worldwide warranty I have registered it with them no issues, is this different to Canon/Nikon?

Must be an Olympus thing, as both Nikon and Canon offer worldwide warranty on lenses, but not on their cameras, which is silly as they all ultimate come from the same factory, and where they were purchased should have no bearing at all on the reliability of the unit.

I'm still umming and ahhing over ordering from Panamoz. I know that we have quite a few members here who have success. And the price +5% discount is quite appealing.

Perhaps the indecision is a sign that I'll just be more comfortable ordering from Jessops, or another 'legit' UK-based company...

which is silly as they all ultimate come from the same factory, and where they were purchased should have no bearing at all on the reliability of the unit.

It's not that silly, why should Canon UK repair an item supplied by Canon Canada?

Yes it is, they're willing to do it for their lenses but not they're cameras?? Similarly, I'd expect that a Canadian should be able to expect the same if they'd bought a camera in the UK. Warranty should be a company's faith in their product and should with goodwill repair if it breaks down within that period. They all come from the same factories with the same QA.

Yes it is, they're willing to do it for their lenses but not they're cameras?? Similarly, I'd expect that a Canadian should be able to expect the same if they'd bought a camera in the UK. Warranty should be a company's faith in their product and should with goodwill repair if it breaks down within that period. They all come from the same factories with the same QA.

+1 to that

Just to add my happiness with my Panamoz dealings. After weeks of pondering and researching, I sent the money over for my Nikon D600 and accessories late on Wednesday night and received the parcel first thing Monday morning. UPS managed to get it from Hong Kong via Dubai, Germany and Stansted to my door in the space of 48 hours. Excellent stuff from all parties. And as people have previously said, I received all English required items as hoped.

This has been done to death on here before. All lenses are the same so the warranty is down to Canon Japan. Bodies have different spec for different markets (some of them). It's Canon UK that honour the warranty on the bodies supplied in the UK.

It's very similar to eg; Mercedes, the two year warranty on the new Merc you purchase is honoured by Merc UK not the Merc factory in Germainia.

admirable said:
This has been done to death on here before. All lenses are the same so the warranty is down to Canon Japan. Bodies have different spec for different markets (some of them). It's Canon UK that honour the warranty on the bodies supplied in the UK.

I wasn't aware of this (both the international warranty being done to death and country specific specifications). If the latter is true, then its fair do not to expect international warranty.

There were motions in the US a few years ago to abolish national warranties due to the very point I made earlier. But it looks like it never gained traction.

Besides its not Canon Japan (they're all Canon Japan in the end) who'd end up repairing a lens, but Canon uk.

Last edited:
I took the plunge on friday after a lot of thinking, Like most people here didn't want to lose my money, But Made the BT and received a email from Tina informing me they had received my money.... Monday received a email with tracking details , Wednesday delivery end of day, Now that is what I call a service, I will give a final feedback after checking it over when I receive it.

Arrived , battery on charge, everything looks to be ok apart from a slight puncture on the bottom of the package, Can't believe how quick the delivery was.

Arrived , battery on charge, everything looks to be ok apart from a slight puncture on the bottom of the package, Can't believe how quick the delivery was.

How was the packaging - did it appear sufficient? That has been a question that has been raised previously in respect of Panamoz shipments.

I presume the position remains the same in respect of warranty - that if there is anything wrong the camera will need to go back to Hong Kong?

Packaging was fine.As far as I know it would be sent to london in the event of it being faulty. Battery still charging so check it out then, To be honest everything looks to be ok..

How was the packaging - did it appear sufficient? That has been a question that has been raised previously in respect of Panamoz shipments.

I presume the position remains the same in respect of warranty - that if there is anything wrong the camera will need to go back to Hong Kong?

You can take an additional replacement warranty with Panamoz, it only costs £8 (works out at £7.60 with 5% discount) which is nothing really, if there's a problem they send out a brand new product - if they are no longer a stock item they will send the next model up. I think that's pretty fair really. I will be spending the best part of £700 so definitely worth it in my opinion.

Although, if they go bust that won't apply - yous takes yer chance I guess :)

By the way, if I bought the same package elsewhere it'd cost me over £1,000 :puke:

You can take an additional replacement warranty with Panamoz, it only costs £8 (works out at £7.60 with 5% discount) which is nothing really, if there's a problem they send out a brand new product - if they are no longer a stock item they will send the next model up. I think that's pretty fair really. I will be spending the best part of £700 so definitely worth it in my opinion.

Although, if they go bust that won't apply - yous takes yer chance I guess :)

By the way, if I bought the same package elsewhere it'd cost me over £1,000 :puke:

I already did that and took out the additional replacement warranty, Mine was £12 but would be silly not to take it.:bonk:

You can take an additional replacement warranty with Panamoz, it only costs £8 (works out at £7.60 with 5% discount) ance I guess

I already did that and took out the additional replacement warranty, Mine was £12 but would be silly not to take it.:bonk:

How come it was £12?

This has got me wondering. I asked for the 1 year replacement warranty and on my invoice it shows:-

Canon EOS 5D Mark III with EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens Kit Set @ £2390
1 Year Replacement Warranty @ £38
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM lens @ £250
1 Year Replacement Warranty @ £0

£38 seems extreme, so I'm wondering how they calculate this? Is it a percentage of the total order value? :thinking:

This has got me wondering. I asked for the 1 year replacement warranty and on my invoice it shows:-

£38 seems extreme, so I'm wondering how they calculate this? Is it a percentage of the total order value? :thinking:

Hmm, I just put the order together on their website and it showed as £8.

Maybe it is a percentage of the entire order!

The website says £8, so £38 may be a double-press typo. The £ sign is a shifted 3, so press 3 shifted, and then again un-shifted, you get £3. Follow by pressing 8 and you get £38.

Does the total you were charged include £3 or £38?

The website says £8, so £38 may be a double-press typo. The £ sign is a shifted 3, so press 3 shifted, and then again un-shifted, you get £3. Follow by pressing 8 and you get £38.

lol, you've thought about that too much.....

....but you may be right :)

Domino1999 - did you send payment based on the quote or did they take payment - just thinking if you actually PAID £38 or like digital says, maybe was a typo?

Last edited:

Does the total you were charged include £3 or £38?

Actually the invoice doesn't have the £ symbol against the price, it's in the column heading instead, with just a number in the amount column. So, interesting theory, but probably not the case...

Domino1999 - did you send payment based on the quote or did they take payment - just thinking if you actually PAID £38 or like digital says, maybe was a typo?

I must admit I did the BT for the total which includes the £38. Didn't really think or question it at the time, but these recent posts showing people only having paid £8 or £12 has got me thinking. I've already emailed Tina :cautious:

EDIT: And here's the line from the original quote received from Tina by email: "Plus 1 Year Replacement Warranty (for the 5D Mark III Kit): 38 GBP"

Last edited:

Don't worry. I think your was way more then mine price wise,:LOL: As I Ordered the 60d twin set + a few extras. I expect yours was the £38 because your camera was close to 2K:)

Don't worry. I think your was way more then mine price wise,:LOL: As I Ordered the 60d twin set + a few extras. I expect yours was the £38 because your camera was close to 2K:)

Yeah, thinking about it, the more value the item, the more the warranty - if they have to send a brand new product out it makes sense I suppose.

So I said mine was £8, it may turn out to be a little more...

Yeah, thinking about it, the more value the item, the more the warranty - if they have to send a brand new product out it makes sense I suppose.

So I said mine was £8, it may turn out to be a little more...

No worries

Well ive taken the plunge and ordered my Sigma 70/200 nearly £700 . Got my tracking code so with a bit of luck i might get it Friday.

Will keep you posted

Well ive taken the plunge and ordered my Sigma 70/200 nearly £700 . Got my tracking code so with a bit of luck i might get it Friday.

Will keep you posted

You surprise me Carl after your recent posts ;)

However, you won't regret the purchase :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back