Panamoz

Erm, no, because it's a Discussion Forum, and we're not about to stifle opinions contrary to yours. Pretty much EVERYONE who's been a member on TP for more than a few weeks knows that as soon as someone posts a thread praising ANY of the grey importers, it's going to attact posts from people who don't hold with tax evasion. Hence all the popcorn smileys etc as the first few comments.

If you post on this forum stating that you've had great service from a grey importer, thats fine, you're entitiled to do so, but be aware that as far as i'm concerned, the "tax brigade" are also entitled to remind you of your obligations and/or moral/legal shortcomings.

But doesn't that go against https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...rey-imports-and-other-assorted-topics.512133/ which was posted by Matt, one of your staff colleagues?

This is a members forum.

We are all here to enjoy our profession or hobby. Discussions like this tend to follow a similar all too familiar pattern. Not enjoyable in my humble opinion. I think a little more live and let live would make for a harmonious meeting place it was intended to be.

Merry Christmas one and all :)

Last edited:
This is a members forum.

We are all here to enjoy our profession or hobby. Discussions like this tend to follow a similar pattern. Not entirely enjoyable in my humble opinion. I think a little more live and let live would make for a harmonious meeting place.

Merry Christmas one and all :)

Well said.

Great thumbs up to Panamoz, ordered a new Canon camera last Wednesday and here I am at 15.00 hrs with the camera in my hands. A lot of suppliers in the UK could take a lesson from them.
panamoz or einfinity eventually?

More great service here from Panamoz this week, item purchased and they even price matched against another company I asked them too. No point in going into what I purchased and how much I saved as it just attracts the usual suspects, but suffice to say I was very happy with the service from Panamoz once again :)

Last edited:
I think you need to have very deep pockets to be as moralistic as some are on here.....

I have some morals, and some money....

If I can buy cheaper, then I will....like it or not.....

:)

:rolleyes:
I think you need to have very deep pockets to be as moralistic as some are on here.....

So it's ok to commit a crime to save money? Is there a list of crimes you're happy committing or are there some that are a step too far for you? How do you feel about shoplifting?

So it's ok to commit a crime to save money? Is there a list of crimes you're happy committing or are there some that are a step too far for you? How do you feel about shoplifting?

Here we go again. For gods sake can we not just leave this. As it happens though there are a list of crimes I’m happy to commit. Just like most people, oh apart from you of course

Here we go again. For gods sake can we not just leave this. As it happens though there are a list of crimes I’m happy to commit. Just like most people, oh apart from you of course

Of course we can, as has been said a hundred times, when the tax evaders stop jumping up and down boasting about their crimes we can all live in peace and harmony. They can carry on doing as they want, just without the boasting and pretending what good deals they've got because of "rip off Britain".

If people don't boast about it like it's something good or clever to do, other people won't need to call them out...

Oh yes, and FYI, from the forum rules:

Prohibited content
  • Piracy (of the internet kind), anything naughty or criminal.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/help/rules/

Last edited:
Of course we can, as has been said a hundred times, when the tax evaders stop jumping up and down boasting about their crimes we can all live in peace and harmony. They can carry on doing as they want, just without the boasting and pretending what good deals they've got because of "rip off Britain".

If people don't boast about it like it's something good or clever to do, other people won't need to call them out...

Oh yes, and FYI, from the forum rules:

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/help/rules/
Get a life FFS. Maybe you should join the Police.

Reactions: TG.
What a wonderfully grownup answer, well done to you...
Just the sort of response I expected. I don't need to justify my choices to you, or in fact anyone else. Why don't you just let people choose the purchasing options they prefer without pontificating to them with your sanctimonious principled crap? I accept you may think this is tax evasion / avoidance, but do you need to go on and on about it?

For what it is worth, I am very grown up, but can't be bothered to answer your constant wittering with something that takes me time. Maybe you should go onto Ebay forums and look at the lack of tax paid on those, rather than a few quid here. In fact, do as you want, I won't be responding to any more of your self righteous b*****ks.

Perhaps we can have a sub-section just for grey import/importers as it is such an emotive subject and unfortunately always ends up in a slagging match. We can then choose to ignore it.

If people don't boast about it like it's something good or clever to do

I don't recall boasting about what I purchased, in fact I actually made a point of not saying what I purchased because of the constant irrational reaction and behavior you get from some people on here, I did however say what great service I got from Panamoz and how they price matched an item which a lot of companies refuse to do here or overseas, I take that along with quick delivery to be very good service.

Just the sort of response I expected. I don't need to justify my choices to you, or in fact anyone else. Why don't you just let people choose the purchasing options they prefer without pontificating to them with your sanctimonious principled crap? I accept you may think this is tax evasion / avoidance, but do you need to go on and on about it?

Your mother must be so proud of you...

For what it is worth, I am very grown up,

Doubtful.

but can't be bothered to answer your constant wittering with something that takes me time. Maybe you should go onto Ebay forums and look at the lack of tax paid on those, rather than a few quid here. In fact, do as you want, I won't be responding to any more of your self righteous b*****ks.

I haven't commented on a smuggling thread in a long time, probably at least a year, so it goes to show just how far your guilty conscience goes if you think I'm constantly criticising.

Dont worry, you go on committing crime and expecting everyone to be in agreement...

Guys, Seriously? does every Panamoz ( or grey) thread have to descend into anarchy?

Guys, Seriously? does every Panamoz ( or grey) thread have to descend into anarchy?

Panamoz/grey imports aren't the issue imo, it's quite possible to legally buy goods from them without much extra effort, it's the pompous dullards who feel the need to brag about how much they've saved by evading U.K. tax that is.

How would you expect a thread bragging about mugging or defrauding pensioners for money to buy cameras would go?

How would you expect a thread bragging about mugging or defrauding pensioners for money to buy cameras would go?

That's just ridiculous, I very much doubt anyone on here would stoop that low.
An addict is more likely do to do that and comparing them to someone saving money on camera gear would be stupid.

Panamoz/grey imports aren't the issue imo,
Excellent then we are all good (y)
A tad extreme don't you think?
However, how many people will admit to going over the speed limit, by even a couple of MPH because they weren't paying attention.
Or because they don't know the area?

Or those directly employed, has no one ever take a piece of paper or a pen home from work?
Made a phone call in works time, used the internet at work for personal use?
Maybe short of tea bags and taken a couple from the staff room / canteen / kitchen?
With the promise of replacing them? but never did?
Shop lifted as a kid for a dare?
These are all crimes ..
Yes minor crimes, but still crimes ..

He who is without sin and all that.

"pompous dullards" aye, just about equal to the pompous virtue signalling folk who can't just scroll on by and ignore it like.

Excellent then we are all good (y)

A tad extreme don't you think?

Not really, UK tax is what puts that money into pensioners pockets, tax evaders are stealing from the money pot.

However, how many people will admit to going over the speed limit, by even a couple of MPH because they weren't paying attention.
Or because they don't know the area?

Or those directly employed, has no one ever take a piece of paper or a pen home from work?
Made a phone call in works time, used the internet at work for personal use?
Maybe short of tea bags and taken a couple from the staff room / canteen / kitchen?
With the promise of replacing them? but never did?
Shop lifted as a kid for a dare?
These are all crimes ..
Yes minor crimes, but still crimes ..

Quite agree, but how many of those people who steal stationery from work or shoplift go home and make a post on the internet bragging about the fact they have done so?

As I've said a few times, if a person sees the need to commit a minor crime, that's for themselves to decide on exactly how far they'll go, some people will only go as far as pinching someone's teabag at work, others might be happy enough to steal the old woman's purse when she leaves her bag in her trolley in Tesco, that's their own moral burden to carry and justify to themselves.

Going online and bragging, especially when you know other people disagree with your crime is just imbecilic and almost trolling...

As a matter of interest, are the forum rules just guidelines that individual users can decide which they will abide by and which can be ignored?

Not really, UK tax is what puts that money into pensioners pockets, tax evaders are stealing from the money pot.
Everything has a knock on effect cause and effect, if enough people steal stationery ( for example) the company may be working on a tight budget and that could be enough to "push them over the edge"
But the stationary thieves don't think about that do they?

that's for themselves to decide on exactly how far they'll go,
Exactly no one is perfect, and I would certainly hope that no one here is capable of mugging..

are the forum rules just guidelines that individual users can decide which they will abide by and which can be ignored?
I was asking for a little politeness / decorum. up till now, that seems to have been ignored

Conduct and behaviour
  • Don't swear. Don't be offensive. Be polite. Don't bore everyone with drivel. Don't moan about moderation.

Everything has a knock on effect cause and effect, if enough people steal stationery ( for example) the company may be working on a tight budget and that could be enough to "push them over the edge"
But the stationary thieves don't think about that do they?

Though have you ever seen anyone post online about how clever they feel because that managed to steal a ream of paper and a box of pens from the stationery cupboard?

I would bet you haven't, because people just wouldn't want to admit to it in public, but some people view tax evasion as something good and clever to do.

And others will condone it and say people shouldn't criticise the braggards...

The bottom line is that people can do what they want and what their morals allow, but they shouldn't stand on a public forum and boast and brag when that action is actually criminal.

Though have you ever seen anyone post online about how clever they feel because that managed to steal a ream of paper and a box of pens from the stationery cupboard?
No, because this is a photography forum, and the thread is about the great service people are receiving from an oversea's company,
Camera's / Lenses etc ..

Just because people advertise on TP ( and pay for the privilege ) it doesn't mean that TP / Slack media endorses that product, but people have a right to post about how good, or indeed how bad
the service is.

Think of it as similar to eBay feedback .. and don't forget there is a myriad of overseas sellers there, selling a myriad of products.

No, because this is a photography forum, and the thread is about the great service people are receiving from an oversea's company,
Camera's / Lenses etc ..

Care to point out the great service discussed in this post?

Posting about great service shouldn't offend anyone, making an issue of the great "savings" they've made by failing to declare the import (always around 20% better than the best U.K. prices, I wonder why?) or making comments like the U.K. price is because of "rip off Britain" is going to p*** a lot of people off.

If only people were adult enough to discuss the great service without feeling it necessary to brag about the tax evaded or make disparaging comments about U.K. retailers, how much nicer would the threads be?

More great service here from Panamoz this week,
I did however say what great service I got from Panamoz and how they price matched an item which a lot of companies refuse to do here or overseas,
Great thumbs up to Panamoz, ordered a new Canon camera last Wednesday and here I am at 15.00 hrs with the camera in my hands.
Yes, Panamoz give you a 3yr warranty. UK retailers 1yr.

Posting about great service shouldn't offend anyone, making an issue of the great "savings" they've made by failing to declare the import (always around 20% better than the best U.K. prices, I wonder why?) or making comments like the U.K. price is because of "rip off Britain" is going to p*** a lot of people off.

If only people were adult enough to discuss the great service without feeling it necessary to brag about the tax evaded or make disparaging comments about U.K. retailers, how much nicer would the threads be?

Ok, I'll bite...

Where do you feel I was bragging ?

Why do you seem to care so much about the issue ? Run your own Camera shop ?

Do you pay full retail price for everything you buy ?

various quotes

Please don't be disingenuous, I said "post" and even quoted the post I was referring to.

"Post" and "thread" aren't the same thing...

Do you pay full retail price for everything you buy ?

Whether I do or don't isn't the point, (which seems to fly over your head).

Maybe I'm a burglar and steal all my camera gear, maybe I'm a drug dealer and use the proceeds of the drug dealing to pay for my gold plated Nikon, maybe I'm a mugger who mugs pensioners for the cash to buy cameras BUT I don't jump up and down on a public forum and go "look at me, I'm so clever I can burgle houses and get my camera and lenses for free, what idiots go and buy cameras from Panamoz* and spend so much of their cash on them".

*other camera shops available

Seems like I'm repeating the same thing ad infintum, buy your camera anywhere, just don't boast of any criminal activity involved after doing so.

disingenuous
adjective
  1. not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
How many quotes do you actually need to see that there are plenty satisfied customers?

I said "post" and even quoted the post I was referring to.
Yeah you quoted me and I replied ...
Anyway I'm bored now, better things to do than play ping pong with you all evening, have a good one (y)

Maybe I'm a burglar and steal all my camera gear, maybe I'm a drug dealer and use the proceeds of the drug dealing to pay for my gold plated Nikon, maybe I'm a mugger who mugs pensioners for the cash to buy cameras:rolleyes:

Maybe you are blowing this out of proportion and now going beyond ridiculous.
How can you compare someone saving a few quid on photography kit to a scumbag who would steal from /mug another person?

Whether I do or don't isn't the point, (which seems to fly over your head).

Maybe I'm a burglar and steal all my camera gear, maybe I'm a drug dealer and use the proceeds of the drug dealing to pay for my gold plated Nikon, maybe I'm a mugger who mugs pensioners for the cash to buy cameras BUT I don't jump up and down on a public forum and go "look at me, I'm so clever I can burgle houses and get my camera and lenses for free, what idiots go and buy cameras from Panamoz* and spend so much of their cash on them".

*other camera shops available

Seems like I'm repeating the same thing ad infintum, buy your camera anywhere, just don't boast of any criminal activity involved after doing so.

Show me where Ive been jumping up and down like you claim.......

And tell me please, without insulting me, why you are getting in such a state about it ? If you are THAT concerned about HMRC losing a few quid, then I suggest, for the sake of your blood pressure, that you dont go looking at Amazon's financial going ons.....

Why does it bother you this much, Im curious.

How can you compare someone saving a few quid on photography kit to a scumbag who would steal from /mug another person?

Well, a crime's a crime innit? So tax evasion is like theft so the same as mugging which, if using violence, could lead to murder and maybe even genocide! :eek:

That's it, all you tax evaders are Nazis!! *

* Right, that's Godwin out of the way, carry on. :D

Well, a crime's a crime innit? So tax evasion is like theft so the same as mugging which, if using violence, could lead to murder and maybe even genocide! :eek:

That's it, all you tax evaders are Nazis!! *

* Right, that's Godwin out of the way, carry on. :D

Well in that case we may as well round up all the people who use to record vinyl albums onto cassette tape?
Oh...Hang on, your old enough to be one of those people :D

Well in that case we may as well round up all the people who use to record vinyl albums onto cassette tape?
Oh...Hang on, your old enough to be one of those people :D

What is this new fangled "cassette tape" you speak of? You'll be telling me next that The Beatles have split up!

That depends....
Are you still taking photos with the Sony phone? :exit:

Back