Panasonic FZ2000 or Canon G3x for holidays

Name
stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone. I sold my Canon SX50 to get a smaller camera, but I also wanted a bigger sensor. I bought a Fuji XT30 which had a really annoying Q button just where you put your thumb, and I was missing a zoom. I'm now debating between the 2 cameras above, which in reviews seem to be pretty even. My concern about the FX2000 is the size, and my concern about the G3X is the lack of a viewfinder (for holidays in the sun). I didn't really use the viewfinder on the SX50.

Can anyone help me with my decision.

I bought a fz1000mkii for the wife it’s a stunning camera ,and good enough for b.I.f .. bit limited on reach compared to a DSLR but nothing else to complain about at all

Hiya, I've researched that camera and I couldn't quite understand why Panasonic made it as it's so similar to the FZ2000. How do you like the size ?

It’s far newer ,with updated controls , I’ve used it a few times for testing and it’s very nice .. there were problems with the mk1 which have been sorted with this one . The 2000 was more for static shots this is better for wildlife watch u.tube vids

Thank you. I think I'm going to have to wait until April 12th and go to Currys to hold the cameras in my hands. It will be my travel camera, but also for taking photography up as a hobby at home (Wales). I did initially want to go smaller than the SX50, but I don't think going smaller is very practical due to smaller controls. I've also been looking at full frame cameras, but to get the zoom I need it will cost me an arm & a leg in lenses.

Just be aware that the zoom claimed is not what you actually get , the Sony rx10mk4 has a better range but pricier.. if your looking for lightweight and fairly cheap look at the Olympus range .
With its 2X crop factor you get a bigger sensor and flexibility

Last edited:
Back