"Panasonic G series" Owners Thread

nice roy

Thanks Jeff, here is another taken in the same church grounds.

In a country churchyard ‘ (Gx8 12-35 f2.8)

P1000627_countrychurchyard-XL.jpg

Someone's been slacking off in the heat .... guilty! The hayfever has consumed me last few days and I've shot nothing! Must correct this today!

Oops just had a amazing deal on a Olympus OMD 10 mk2 body ,brand new from SRS for £299 with £65. Cashback be rude to leave it there at that price . Will now have a spare walkabout body

Oops just had a amazing deal on a Olympus OMD 10 mk2 body ,brand new from SRS for £299 with £65. Cashback be rude to leave it there at that price . Will now have a spare walkabout body

Nice, wouldn't mind one myself. I had the old em5 for a while and it was a nice camera to use, always got compliments too, good lookers the OMD cams. I hope you got silver!?

Nice, wouldn't mind one myself. I had the old em5 for a while and it was a nice camera to use, always got compliments too, good lookers the OMD cams. I hope you got silver!?
no they only had black on offer .hate changing lenses as it attracts dust bunnies so I can hopefully leave the big boy on the g80 and just play with this

no they only had black on offer .hate changing lenses as it attracts dust bunnies so I can hopefully leave the big boy on the g80 and just play with this

The black is nice too, a bit more stealthy at least. I just know the ladies love the silver ones :D I had at a meal one night and it got passed around a lot, lots of 'oooo's' and 'Aaaa's' - My G80 never gets that, it's more a solid little work horse than attractive. Probably best ff with the all black. I hate other people using my gear, it's like watching someone else fondle your missus :LOL:

Last edited:
The black is nice too, a bit more stealthy at least. I just know the ladies love the silver ones :D I had at a meal one night and it got passed around a lot, lots of 'oooo's' and 'Aaaa's' - My G80 never gets that, it's more a solid little work horse than attractive. Probably best ff with the all black. I hate other people using my gear, it's like watching someone else fondle your missus :LOL:
not a problem if I'm fondling theres :exit::exit:

I avoid changing lenses as much as possible but i think its a good idea to unseat your lens every few weeks.

Just got back in ,not yet looked at my pics ,but something is showing up in use on the g80 and 100-400 in use ... I left mine set on AFS rather than CAF and even birds in flight are easier to track and keep in focus .anyone else noticed this .just making me wonder

Hi Guys,

Need a question answering. Already have a Pany G9 & Oly Pen-F that am more than happy with, but a friend at work is selling his Oly OM-D E1 Mk 1for £320. Is this too good a deal to turn down or will I benefit from something I don't already have with the other 2.

Andy

I do not normally do bird photography, too difficult and I do not have 'sufficient resources' :) however I came across this heron taking a fish.

GX8 and the humble 35-100 f4-5.6

P1000699_heron3-X2.jpg

P1000703_heron2-X2.jpg

P1000706_heron4-X2.jpg

Nice! I waited almost 2 hours for a Heron on the Boyne river to come up with a catch, got him diving a few times but he kept coming up empty - that, or the fish he was catching were minnows and he was just gulping them down.

Hi Guys,

Need a question answering. Already have a Pany G9 & Oly Pen-F that am more than happy with, but a friend at work is selling his Oly OM-D E1 Mk 1for £320. Is this too good a deal to turn down or will I benefit from something I don't already have with the other 2.

Andy
I looked at the spec on these last week as I had a bit of spare cash ,and basically it’s the same as the g80 so I wouldn’t have gained a thing ,neither will you . I did however buy a Olympus om.d e.m10 Mk.ii. From SRS brand new for £299 with £65 cashback bringin* it down to £234 ,to good to leave there at that price

I looked at the spec on these last week as I had a bit of spare cash ,and basically it’s the same as the g80 so I wouldn’t have gained a thing ,neither will you . I did however buy a Olympus om.d e.m10 Mk.ii. From SRS brand new for £299 with £65 cashback bringin* it down to £234 ,to good to leave there at that price
What do you gain from the om10? Apart from now having a second body?
Isn't it a lower spec than the g80?
So maybe the om1 mk1 would be a good second body if it's the same spec as the g80 but a lot cheaper?
I do love the look of the silver Olympus bodies :)

yes to both of them bob ,I was after a second body to keep my wide angle lens on and was last week on the verge of going second hand ,so obviously this unit couldn't be turned down at that price .

and as Gandalf already said he has a g9 then he is in exactly the same situation as I was .

the plus side is I was Olly curious as quiet a few seem to use them with panasonic lenses ,from what I have seen since getting it there is a air of quality about the camera that seems lacking in the Panasonics .will have a play when this oppressive heat dies down

The EM1 is weather sealed, has a better grip, and can focus older Four Thirds lenses via an AF adapter so it offers a bit more variety in that sense. The em10 mkII is newer tech, probably has the better evf and touch screen.

What do you gain from the om10? Apart from now having a second body?
Isn't it a lower spec than the g80?
:)
There’s the automatic focus bracketing and (with some lenses) auto focus stacking — does the G80 have that?

Any Pany users ever though about dipping toes into Canon M waters? Just a very loose pondering here, say something like the Canon M100 with the adapter for EF lenses, add a Viltrox ef-m2 to your kit and you can also use the same lenses on your Panasonic - could be interesting

Any Pany users ever though about dipping toes into Canon M waters? Just a very loose pondering here, say something like the Canon M100 with the adapter for EF lenses, add a Viltrox ef-m2 to your kit and you can also use the same lenses on your Panasonic - could be interesting

Not even for a second :LOL:

I just don’t see what the Canon M brings to the party nor what advantage EF lenses would bring over m4/3 offerings.

Just my opinion of course.

Simon.

Not even for a second :LOL:

I just don’t see what the Canon M brings to the party nor what advantage EF lenses would bring over m4/3 offerings.

Just my opinion of course.

Simon.

While I agree, I mean, I did buy a new G80 over an M50 or whatever, I feel there are some lenses that would be sweet to adapt, like the 50mm 1.4 which doesn't really have a competitor on M43. This coupled with a Viltrox focal reducer gives you a 35mm f/1 btw, so there is very much method to the madness.

Also third party wide angles and zooms from Tamron and Sigma that, coupled with a Viltrox could be very interesting indeed. Have you seen how many are adapting the Sigma 18-35mm 1.8 Canon mount to the GH5?

Btw chaps, I am on the hunt again, if anyone has an Oly 12-40 gathering dust, a few primes up for trade in classified

Last edited:
Yes indeed Keith I had a few eos.m cameras in the past ,firstly the cameras themselves are o.k but compared to olly/pano ones they are extremely basic ,they work but in a limited capability ,next the native lenses work but again are very basic the only decent prime being the 22mm . If you use a adaptor however you can use any canon fit lens but then the triple whammy comes into effect the lenses are bulky ,heavy and very expensive .why do you think I sold all my canon gear

I don't really see any great advantage for APS-C over MFT and the limited number of native lenses are only going to be a bit bigger with a Canon APS-C CSC or a lot bigger if using DSLR lenses with an adapter.

From the outside looking in the Canon CSC's seem to be behind the others for performance and maybe only for people who must have a Canon despite this because of the badge or to use DSLR lenses on. Maybe I'm being unkind but I see nothing in the Canon CSC's to interest me.

I'm not bashing Canon, I had a Canon RF and SLR's too for years and I had their DSLR's for about 10 years but personally I think times have moved on and Canon haven't yet.

Last edited:
Back