"Panasonic G series" Owners Thread

I used some from FOTGA which have electrical contacts so allow any of my lenses to focus and control aperture.
The set you linked will need manual lenses to be able to control aperture and focus (you may already know that of course ;) )

What I mainly discovered is I don't want to buy a Macro lens as its too fiddly for me :D
That's very helpful, and these look like the smart choice, so I just ordered them :banana:

Hope you have fun with them - I'm not sorry I got mine but they haven't seen much action,
At the time I was considering the 60mm Olympus Macro but I'm glad I didn't sink money into a lens that I would have very rarely used.

Hope you have fun with them - I'm not sorry I got mine but they haven't seen much action,
At the time I was considering the 60mm Olympus Macro but I'm glad I didn't sink money into a lens that I would have very rarely used.
Yeah, I admire super macro shots, but for the most part, I think I like my insects close up and sharp but also how they look to the human eye.

One from the files: a Prewar Maybach Touring car used as a tourist transport by the Atlas Grand Hotel at Garmisch-Partenkirchen in southern Germany. Taken on a G2...

Prewar Maybach Tourer Atlas Grand Hotel Garmisch-Partenkirchen G2 1000640.JPG

When I get the chance to go out with a camera my Sony A7 is usually the choice but my GX80 and 14mm f2.5 did get an outing on Friday. It's easy to forget what a capable combination this is and the speed of operation is really welcome over my elderly A7.

P1080181.jpg

P1080195.jpg

P1080223.jpg

Last edited:
After several years of use, I still think the GM5 is a super little go-anywhere camera, especially with its default 12~32mm standard lens: the interior of a bus taking me into Exeter City Centre on a very wet Friday...

Single deck bus interior with passengers GM5 _1050912.JPG

After several years of use, I still think the GM5 is a super little go-anywhere camera, especially with its default 12~32mm standard lens: the interior of a bus taking me into Exeter City Centre on a very wet Friday...

View attachment 395381

I've wanted to try one for ages, but never found one at a "reasonable" price. Will keep looking and be patient :)

I've wanted to try one for ages, but never found one at a "reasonable" price. Will keep looking and be patient :)

I got an email from MPB within the last week or so to say they had one in stock, I've just checked and it's gone.

If you go for one watch out for contamination behind the sensor glass, mine had it and another person on this forum tried one they were going to buy and it had the same thing. Apparently it's a common fault with them.

Apparently it's a common fault with them.
Neither of mine show any obvious signs of dirt behind the sensor, so I imagine it's not that common.

Neither of mine show any obvious signs of dirt behind the sensor, so I imagine it's not that common.

Knowing how you sail through life unaffected by things like this that doesn't surprise me in the least Andrew.

I've had one affected GM5 and another person on this site had three. It's a known issue.

Knowing how you sail through life unaffected by things like this that doesn't surprise me in the least Andrew.

I've had one affected GM5 and another person on this site had three. It's a known issue.

yep went through 3 of them to finally find one without issues.
Its really common IME. I wouldn't buy this body unless there is a really good returns policy.
OR make sure you know the seller well enough to know they'd be wary or have adequately tested for such an issue.
There's also plenty of people online who's seen this problem.

"known" to you but not to me. :naughty:
known to many people I think, and now you know too :p

"known" to you but not to me. :naughty:

I'd be amazed if you've tested your cameras for this Andrew.

Panasonic weren't particularly careful when making the sensor assemblies at that time plus the GM5 suffers maybe more than most for packaging reasons.

Anyone buying one should look for this. I can't remember how much mine cost to be disassembled and cleaned but the seller (on here) did me a good deal which made the repair worthwhile.

It is a known issue and not just with the GM5.

I got an email from MPB within the last week or so to say they had one in stock, I've just checked and it's gone.

If you go for one watch out for contamination behind the sensor glass, mine had it and another person on this forum tried one they were going to buy and it had the same thing. Apparently it's a common fault with them.
Thanks for that

It is a known issue and not just with the GM5.
It's a "known issue" to you that's unknown to me.

You can slap the desk as loud as you like, it simply won't change that fact.

It's a "known issue" to you that's unknown to me.

You can slap the desk as loud as you like, it simply won't change that fact.

Of course Andrew. You live in a different reality to everyone else. You ignore all evidence and experience from all and sundry and I wouldn't expect any different from you. Seen it all before from you :LOL:

As for slapping desks, never in a million years for you as you're a lost cause :D I only posted for the benefit of others. Information empowers (all but you.) :LOL:

...in order to make the issue personal.
I'm not making anything personal.

Alan and I have long disagreed on this one matter of "known issues". We, I believe, agree on many others.

Last edited:
What do you get when you stick a Tamron SP 500mm mirror lens in front of a G5? Well, turns out the combination is just about hand holdable...

Curtain 500mm Tamron G5 P1070117.jpg

As alternatives to the 12-60mm lenses I think these deserves a look before being dismissed...

Panasonic 12-35mm f2.8... Power OIS.

I have the MK1 which I bought used. I like the f2.8 throughout the zoom range as it gives a FF (FF at f5.6) type look from a MFT zoom and can help to keep the ISO down in lower light. I think it is a good lens.

I also have this one which I can recommend as it's tiny and sharp from wide open. You can buy a used one for £60-£70.

I'm not a great zoom user so I'd probably go for a prime, something in the 14 to 25mm range.

Good luck choosing.
I have the mk2 12-35, love it!

Busy, busy.

Panasonic G90 Pan/Leica 50-200 f/2.8-4

P1007829_Teasel_mk_2-X2.jpg

Hi guy's, has anybody have experience with using the

Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 60mm f2.8 Macro Lens

on a G9. Good or bad. Many thanks.

Hi guy's, has anybody have experience with using the

Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 60mm f2.8 Macro Lens

on a G9. Good or bad. Many thanks.

No better or worse than on an Olympus, painfully slow to focus.
Used it on a G9 and an E-M1 ii, Macro clearly not my thing.

Back