Panasonic G80/85 or GX80/85 Off camera flash

Name
Adie
Edit My Images
Yes
I have recently started the transition over to micro four thirds from the Canon EOS range.
Although I have kept my L glass from the Canon range, I used to do a lot with off camera flash, which I wish to be able to do with the m43 cameras.
Currently I still have the following:

Canon Speedlite 580EX II
Sigma EF-500 DG Super
Yongnuo Speedlite YN560

I used to control these with:
3 x Yongnou RF-602 receivers fired from the canon using a Yongnou RF-602 transmitter.

I am pretty sure the Yongnou Rx and Tx will be no good, and have probably been superseded with better by now anyway, but I would be able to still like to use the speedlites.

To that end, does anyone here do off camera flash/strobism with a Panny G80/85 or GX80/85 and what do you use?

I welcome all recommendations, but favour the budget end if there is a Yongnou solution that works. :)

Adie

The RF's should still work fine for manual flash, you have all you need to be equal to what you used on the Canon.

I do very little flash work, but successfully use a Cactus V6 and Cactus RF60 speedlight with my GX8 when I need to.

Simon.

I've tried the RF-602 Tx on the Panny G80 hot-shoe, but it fails to fire the RF-602 Rx.

Ahh
Forgot that those 'simple' triggers were brand specific for wake up.

(n) hmm maybe a bit on the expensive side but you could try a Godox X1-O trigger with X1R-C receiver on the canon flash....... absolutely no garanty it works but worth a try, maybe?
Second option would be a total system change to..............

Last edited by a moderator:
Yongnuo YN622C transceivers work on my GH3 and also worked on my now sold G7, in flash manual mode.

Back