Panasonic TZ200/CLux

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello

Anyone got this? I’ve had my C-Lux a while now but am just struggling to get anywhere near a decent quality image at the long end; I know they are not as good at full zoom, but my one is positively soft.. considering sending it to Leica Mayfair but thought I’d ask first!

Will pop a few samples up shortly!

This may be a case of they're all like that. I think it's probably due to the difficulty in making such a small, cheap long range zoom. I have a TZ100 and at some lengths it's rather good and at others it's frankly poor. It's probably always good enough for a whole picture viewed normally though but when looking closely it's best to expect to be disappointed. I thoroughly expect the TZ200/Leica badged version to be about the same.

This may be a case of they're all like that. I think it's probably due to the difficulty in making such a small, cheap long range zoom. I have a TZ100 and at some lengths it's rather good and at others it's frankly poor. It's probably always good enough for a whole picture viewed normally though but when looking closely it's best to expect to be disappointed. I thoroughly expect the TZ200/Leica badged version to be about the same.

I see! Yes, I've tried but am just not happy at all, to the point that it makes the zoom pointless at the longer end. I may well be spoilt having used some decent glass on my Panasonic bodies, plus the exemplary V Lux 114 (now that is top notch though to the bitter 400mm!). I think this one is going to have to be returned - I just don't see the point in it, I'd be happier to have greater bulk with the v lux or rx and know I'm getting the goods. Great shame, as the C-Lux/TZ200 is a wonderfully designed machine, beautifully constructed and operationally perfect!

Due to ill health, I have just downsized to a TZ200. I know it will never be as good as a DSLR; But i'm
slowly getting used to it. It is what it is, a small walkabout pocket camera with a usable zoom length.

Attachments

• Boat Heading out.jpg
    Boat Heading out.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Ships 2.jpg
    Ships 2.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 12
Back