Panic Buying

Just been to local shops, looks like the idiots are hoarding toilet rolls again.
Thought they would still have loads left from earlier on in the year!!

Morrisons home delivery minimum is £40 I know I use them.

I just logged in to Morrisons to book a delivery and the yellow basket in the top right corner clearly says "Minimum £25"
Only use them for cooked meats and beer, but that easily exceeds £40 let alone £25 so never took much notice of any minimum

I just logged in to Morrisons to book a delivery and the yellow basket in the top right corner clearly says "Minimum £25"
Only use them for cooked meats and beer, but that easily exceeds £40 let alone £25 so never took much notice of any minimum

Just had a look

Screenshot 2020-09-22 at 17.34.03.png

Maybe it's area specific but can't see why it would be

In their FAQs it states that £40 is the minimum order for home delivery.

What can I say?

It must be £25 because I use three cases of Amstel as a placeholder for my delivery and they come in at 30 quid

Untitled 1.jpg

Last edited:
Morrisons home delivery minimum is £40 I know I use them.
I use them (and Sainsbury’s). I have a ‘mid week’ delivery pass and the minimum is £25, just done one today for £26. Maybe it’s £40 without the pass but frankly I can’t start the car for what the pass costs, £20 for 6 months unlimited number of deliveries (£5 for one month).

I use them (and Sainsbury’s). I have a ‘mid week’ delivery pass and the minimum is £25, just done one today for £26. Maybe it’s £40 without the pass but frankly I can’t start the car for what the pass costs, £20 for 6 months unlimited number of deliveries (£5 for one month).
I think you have to be logged in to see the £25 as I can’t see it elsewhere. Slip-up on their part, but they’ve been making a lot of changes & innovations post-COVID so I’ll give them a pass on that.

I think you have to be logged in to see the £25 as I can’t see it elsewhere. Slip-up on their part, but they’ve been making a lot of changes & innovations post-COVID so I’ll give them a pass on that.

I have an anytime pass ongoing.

BTW Morrison's were out of whole milk and several lines of toilet paper online today :( . Just like old times (May 2020].
I have an anytime pass ongoing.
Then it should be £25 min if you are in W Yorks as I am, it’s the same area I would think. They don’t put the £25 in giant type anywhere -- hoping you won’t notice? :).

Our local FB site has had a few people telling of possible panic buying starting at the local Morrisons (not yet at the other supermarkets though; I think there is a customer demographic effect at work here at least in my area)

Our local FB site has had a few people telling of possible panic buying starting at the local Morrisons (not yet at the other supermarkets though; I think there is a customer demographic effect at work here at least in my area)
And the best way to create a shortage is ....

Buy all the things!!!

Half the shelves at Tesco are empty!!

What puzzles me even more, is that fact that today's announcement isn't really changing much!!

Well, it doesn't appear to be from what I've heard about it.

That really doesn't surprise me, people just panic and you know that most of it will end up in the bins
Perhaps after the last panic supermarkets might just restrict how much people can buy to stop
the false shortages
I popped into my local Tesco yesterday and it wasn't too bad, didn't n tice anyone over stocking on anything,
might be different today but I won't be going back for a week or more

That really doesn't surprise me, people just panic and you know that most of it will end up in the bins
Nah!

who would throw toilet rolls away? :p

We didn't have any difficulty buying what we needed the last time round. I doubt if it'll be different now.

What puzzles me even more, is that fact that today's announcement isn't really changing much!!

Well, it doesn't appear to be from what I've heard about it.

Their just getting ahead of the curve for what I recon will be a full on lockdown over the October half term holidays but it's OK England & Wales will get a weeks warning as Scotland's half term starts a week earlier than theirs's. I'm not sure about Northern Ireland as it looks like they only get a long weekend rather than the two weeks.

Their just getting ahead of the curve for what I recon will be a full on lockdown over the October half term holidays but it's OK England & Wales will get a weeks warning as Scotland's half term starts a week earlier than theirs's. I'm not sure about Northern Ireland as it looks like they only get a long weekend rather than the two weeks.
People stocking up for the double whammy of lockdown shortages & 7000 lorries queuing at Dover.

People stocking up for the double whammy of lockdown shortages & 7000 lorries queuing at Dover.

The ones with toilet rolls on can stay in the uk

Had an interesting delivery from Sainsbury's earlier - 2 x 9 packs of own brand supersoft, 2 x 9 packs of own brand budget and 2 x 9 packs of Andrex. None of it was for us!!! Some for a neighbour who doesn'd drive or have the internet, some for Mrs Nod's Mum who doesn't drive or have the internet (neither can carry bulky stuff far) and the budget stuff for Mrs Nod's studio (where they get through the posh stuff way to fast to let them have it - the cheap stuff does the job and saves waste!!!)

Had to pop down to the local RM depot this morning to drop something off, Sainsburys is next door, was surprised to see all the shelves well stocked, including loo rolls, bet it won't last

Not a single substitution on my fairly large Ocado order this morning.
In fact got a couple of things I didn't order, one had Garlic in so went straight in the bin (allergy)
No panic buying, but did get a couple of extra cases of beer because I like it a lot

I drove past our local sainsbury's about 3:30 this afternoon and I've never seen so many cars queing at the traffic lights to get into the car park....

The Norwich boomers have started with their toilet roll fish fetish again

It's the best way to sell anything... just tell people they can't have it, or are only allowed one!

Dont need to panic buy bog rolls we have 200 packs of 24

laughter-really-is-the-best-medicine-L-rfO6kp.jpg

Dont need to panic buy bog rolls we have 200 packs of 24
Better get an eBay shop set up ready for the panic.
Your'll make a fortune :D

Tesco Extra yesterday at 5pm in the arse paper aisle.
Utterly ridiculous
I needed a few essentials, this would be the first time I've been shopping since the manufactured shortages have been announced.
So it was with some trepidation I headed for my local express today ( late morning).
I was pleasantly surprised.
All the shelves were stocked, and no limits on purchases.

I rarely eat rice and less so Pasta, but I thought, hell. I'm grabbing a load of that,that'll stop the selfish stockpilers from having it (y)
I'm always happy to do a little public service when I can. (y)

(/sarcasm)

Romans had a sponge on a stick to clean their backside.
Thinking about getting one of these, its called an Easy-Do, clue in the name maybe

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Local Aldi was fine, all shelves stocked and no sign of panic buying from other shoppers. I picked up a pack of 4 rolls

Back