Paragon lens

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
I've found this little baby on fleabay and was wondering if anyone here has any experience of it, or indeed any paragon lens. It'll be for my ST605 with an adaptor to also mount on my Oly DSLR.

This thread might be better in talk equipment, but with it being an old M42 mount film lens, I thought it could go in here.

Spot on, cheers (y)

Paragon lenses were imported by Photax in the late 70’s early 80’s they were pre set lenses in that the diaphragm had to be turned to the correct aperture before the picture was taken.
In those days there was very few lens manufactures in Japan, so if you wanted quantity you could have your own name on them.
Such names in included Aico, Dollands, Danube, to name a few.
However the plot thickens by the end of the 70’s a photo retail chain called Photomarkets , based in the UK imported a range of lenses called ‘Access’ these lenses were multi coated in what is termed Glass to glass , glass to air , in other words all the elements both internal and external had multi coatings.
The result was a class leading optic , ( knocked spots off my pre –Ai nikkor 300 4,5 ) I saw one advertised on ebay a couple of years ago with some picture taken with it , still stunning .
Sadly photomarkets went bust and the Access lens never saw the light of day again, truly a piece of kit ahead of its time

I dug my old Photax Paragon 400mm out a month or so back and sent it to Matt Sayle....he's posted some bird shots with it so it'll give you an idea of the quality to expect.

Bob

It may not be an M42, most of these lens were T2 mount, you then had an adaptor to whatever fitting you needed, not a problem as theres no mechanical link to the camera. Wayne

I ended up with a S00535 7.5mm f/1.5 fixed focus Century Paragon High-G Lens in a 4-hole flange mount.

Is anyone aware of an adapter that could take this to a C-mount or a m4/3 ?

Well I always thought Paragon lenses were made by Kiron.

holy hell...

google is a pain in the arse sometimes.....:shake:

There's a Kestrel 80-205 in my war room. I've never actually used it, somehow I can't trust a lens called Kestrel. Am I being snobbish?

There's a Kestrel 80-205 in my war room. I've never actually used it, somehow I can't trust a lens called Kestrel. Am I being snobbish?

Never trusted their other product either...

Y-1001a.1.JPG

Never trusted their other product either...

Ye Gods! I'd rather drink my own effluvia. By the by, I went to Asda yesterday to have some film processed. I declined their offer of £4 a roll so I'll throw myself on Tesco's mercy.
Rather than waste the journey I thought I'd sample their real ales. I shall report back...

Back