Paramo Waterproofs

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm considering updating my very old waterproof Paramo jacket. Reading around the Internet it appears that there may be some issues over leaking with the later jackets since they made them more lightweight.

It may be those reporting issues have more demanding requirements than photographers. Can any Paramo owners on here care to comment please

Depends if you get one made on a Friday.? Lol

I’ve got quite a few paramo bits and pieces and can say it’s never let me down. My halcon jacket is fantastic.!

I’ve got a newish lightweight Paramo jacket which works well but have not given it heavy use and don’t wear bags etc on top which might affect performance. My main complaint, and not specificto Paramo, is the fiddly small zips which really need to be chunky.

I have a jackets and trousers (to cover all seasons) and not had a problem. Not sure who will have more demanding requirements than photographers - mine have performed excellently in the cold and snows of winter in Artic Norway; the wind and rains of Iceland; and more importantly the hideous weather we get in the Scottish Mountains :)

Wouldn't change any of my Paramo

Also look at the Arcteryx stuff for comparisom

I have a jackets and trousers (to cover all seasons) and not had a problem. Not sure who will have more demanding requirements than photographers
Extreme weather conditions and standing around in the cold etc maybe but I doubt many have much to do with barbed wire and thorn hedges for example for which waxed cotton is better :(

I got an Analogy jacket last year. It's not super light due to the insulation but it's lovely and waterproof.

Meanwhile if you fancy a change of brand, my Lightweight Patagonia H2No rain jacket remains incredibly waterproof and lightweight.

Thanks for confirming that the stuff still seems OK. I guess it's the old Internet phenomenon if something goes wrong then 1 person will tell 20 about it, but if 20 people are happy then only one will tell anyone about it

I have always worn paramo,from my mountaineering days and now walking and photography,they cant be beat as long as you keep on top of the waterproofing .

It appears quite a few of the complaints are about Paramo trousers allowing water in while sitting somewhere wet. I had always thought that could be a problem because of the way Paramo clothing keeps the water out.

My Paramo jacket is at least 15 years old and still going strong and I don't know what I will do when eventually gives up the ghost, actually I do know what I'll do - I'll buy another one.

Dave

It appears quite a few of the complaints are about Paramo trousers allowing water in while sitting somewhere wet. I had always thought that could be a problem because of the way Paramo clothing keeps the water out.

My Paramo jacket is at least 15 years old and still going strong and I don't know what I will do when eventually gives up the ghost, actually I do know what I'll do - I'll buy another one.

Dave
I also came across some posts where the trousers had totally failed in driving rain. I think some one suggested that a possible cause might be that the wind was pushing the trousers against the legs so the gear was letting water through in the same way as sitting on something wet........ either that or the person had fat legs [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Back