Paramotoring Video

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I know some of you guys are interested in my sport when I talk about it. Well Dan Burton has posted his video from the 2006 World Champs in Korea where the laws about flying close to people, buildings, etc are obviously a lot more lax than here.

Some of the stunts shown here I have done but flying low over water with 30Kg+ strapped to you back is, well, :wacky: . And the lad who was fished out the water was one of us (yes a Brit) and is soo lucky to still be drawing air.

Linky

:nuts:

:nuts:

:wacky:

but good to watch :naughty:

that's pretty cool! Do you have to get a license or something to do it?

:LOL: really love that camera on sushi bar conveyor belt video! (y)

That's proper good :D I liked the flying through the apartment block canyons especially cool :)

I've been tandem paragliding and that was great but strapping an engine to your back must open up loads more possibilities (y)

I was wondering do the engines suffer from fuel starvation if you sling it into a high G turn or are the fuel pumps man enough to counter the effects of G?

I liked those turns the most, plummeting towards Chamonix in a spiral while feeling a bit woozy coz my blood had a sudden attraction to my feet (y):LOL:

Ian is correct we "enforce" the 500ft rule. Ian will also confirm that outside the military (who have slightly different rules in certain areas) helicopter pilots are the worst offenders when it comes to breaking this rule :LOL:

Kamion - me too I loved that sushi shot :). You don't need a licence but one is advisable.

Col_M - Spirals are great but I have never noticed fuel starvation as power is off when spiraling and fed it at bottom of spiral. Chamonix valley is superb for a number of sports but to fly it is heaven.

Neil - I am easy to find. 5 miles north of Inverness on A9. Last turning before Tore roundabout marked Glaickmore. NH60341 50874.

Same goes for all TP goers. Kettle is always on :).

Some of the stunts shown here I have done but flying low over water with 30Kg+ strapped to you back is, well, :wacky: . And the lad who was fished out the water was one of us (yes a Brit) and is soo lucky to still be drawing air.

I shouldn't laugh but :LOL:
..was that the same guy who was performing those terrific turns just above the water...I could see that ending in disaster if he kept trying. :wacky:

So...:D go on, you can tell us....have you got a nice little steamlined Lycra number stashed away for those more funky meets perhaps? ;)

Looks like fun..:nuts:

I shouldn't laugh but :LOL:
..was that the same guy who was performing those terrific turns just above the water...I could see that ending in disaster if he kept trying. :wacky:

So...:D go on, you can tell us....have you got a nice little steamlined Lycra number stashed away for those more funky meets perhaps? ;)

Yep!

I don't have the lycra suit but it is big in other countries. There is an "economy" part of the comp so can only guess that is why they feel the need to go kinky. :D

Very common in free flying where all drag must be reduced in top comps.

Ian is correct we "enforce" the 500ft rule. Ian will also confirm that outside the military (who have slightly different rules in certain areas) helicopter pilots are the worst offenders when it comes to breaking this rule :LOL:

Erm, i couldnt possibly confirm or deny that ;) although below treetop height along a fire break at 130 knots is exhilerating ;) (i was a passenger on that one with a military air crew though)

Neil - I am easy to find. 5 miles north of Inverness on A9. Last turning before Tore roundabout marked Glaickmore. NH60341 50874.

Same goes for all TP goers. Kettle is always on :).

:eek: Inverness. That's quite a track away for me. :D I'll be sure to look you up if I go up there again.

Fascinating stuff, especially when they were flying between the buildings. :wacky:

Nice video. Never seen them buzz around buildings like that before...cool :) .
Since I saw you posting some superb photos from your own flights I started to get interested in the sport myself (I did a few days hang glider training when I was younger, but it got rained off :( ).
I've found this guy's website and he's pretty local to me, do you know anything much about him?

Rich

Back