park cameras in stock? not. resolved! good service.

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
No
I found an M43 lens I wanted for a price I could afford on parkcameras so I ordered. It said "in stock" and ready to dispatch.

I've just got an email saying actually no it isn't in stock and we'll confirm the price when we get it.

Is this common for them? Very dissapointed. Also they're still saying the same thing on their website, which to me is just misleading buyers.

Hmmmm Park Cameras, my most expensive weakness :)
They are only 20 mins down the road from me so I often pop in when I want something
Have always found them to be the most honest and helpful place.
Last time I went down there I thought I knew what I wanted, but was sold the same thing
for far less then I expected to pay, can't recommend them enough (y)

Dealt with them 3 times and service has been fantastic each time..as said maybe its just a one off.I would give them a call as they are very helpful and pleasant.

Nothing but good to say about them too - I've bought most of my new camera gear from them (including my RX100 II, Stuart).

A close friend who lives nearby to them has also bought much more gear from them.

They are quite close to me and very handy for when I need something as short notice. But they do have some strange habits - like not allowing customers to have the tracking info for an order - for 'security'.

Park Cameras have been very good to me. Their customer service was brilliant. Give them a ring, they're very helpful. Hope you get your lens soon at the price you wanted to pay.

Spoken to them twice on the phone the past 2 days and placed orders, both times nice friendly attitude from who I have spoken to...

As said it might be a rare unfortunate glitch, I had a problem with Clifton Cameras a couple of weeks back but I would imagine many peeps have good service from them.

Thanks all, sounds like I've just been unlucky. They've said they will try to honour my order so I'll just have to wait a week or two and see. Just frustrating after days of searching and thinking I'd found the right gear/deal.

Just wanted to post a quick update to say sure enough Park Cameras came up with the goods. All sorted. Thanks to them. :clap:

They are quite close to me and very handy for when I need something as short notice. But they do have some strange habits - like not allowing customers to have the tracking info for an order - for 'security'.

Funny that. I've had exactly the same experience. I've bought nearly all my gear from them and, as a lot of people have said I've found them excellent be it in person at the shop or online purchases. Only ever had two minor issues.

The first was when buying Lee Filters. Web site showed them in stock when in fact it transpired they weren't and I had to wait over a month and when they did arrive and were dispatched I waited in all day, rang them about 4.30pm to confirm they had in fact been sent, they had, asked for the tracking number, to be told they don't give that out until after 5.30pm by which time the delivery should have been made.

Only problem is they shut at 5.30pm so you can't then ring until the next day.

Having said all this I do continue to use them and generally, as above rate them highly.

Back