Park Cameras used equipment

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Anyone used them for selling used equipment? My brother in law is looking to sell his Canon R6 and 24-240mm f4-6.3 mm RF lens. He has had a reasonable quote from Park Cameras, who supplied the equipment new, which is quite a bit higher than the quote from MPB.

Why not list it on the forum

Anyone used them for selling used equipment? My brother in law is looking to sell his Canon R6 and 24-240mm f4-6.3 mm RF lens. He has had a reasonable quote from Park Cameras, who supplied the equipment new, which is quite a bit higher than the quote from MPB.
If he’s happy with the price they are good people to deal with in my experience.

How do they compare to MPB in their pricing ?
Generally better. If I am selling kit such as a camera body or lenses, I get quotes from a range of places as you will probably get substantially different quotes for individual items. I go to MPB Parks,, WEX , Camerworld, LCE, Clifton, Jessops, Camera Jungle etc. It really is worth the short time it will take your brother in law to do so on line. You either get quotes straight away or no more than 24 hours later. All pick up from home just like MPB. As for MPB costs, I find them extremely poor these days.The last time I sold a camera and 3 lenses, I got almost £1000 more by getting multiple quotes.

The last time I sold a camera and 3 lenses, I got almost £1000 more by getting multiple quotes.
Wow that's a big difference, the last couple of times I've gone to MPB, but I recently asked them for a quote on my mint low shutter count D850 and it was very poor indeed, so I'm guessing they have a much higher profit margin than the others. Thanks very much for the heads up

You could also consider Ffordes. They offer 3 ways: commission, trade or purchase outright. You have to send the kit at your own cost so they don't end up with loads of unsellable stuff. Check their website. They take 20% [last time I used them] of the price you see the used kit selling for. You do have to wait for a commission sale. You can switch to a trade or a sale if the wait becomes an issue. Also very honourable: during one of my sales to them, I rang and asked if I could switch and instead of just saying yes, they told me it was out with a buyer - as a buyer, you get 10 days or so to try something.

Wow that's a big difference, the last couple of times I've gone to MPB, but I recently asked them for a quote on my mint low shutter count D850 and it was very poor indeed, so I'm guessing they have a much higher profit margin than the others. Thanks very much for the heads up

MPB do change the prices they offer. I have sold kit to them in the past quite happily. Clearly the number of stock items plays a part. It is worth going on their website and just having a look to see whether they have a lot of a particular item or not. However, as is say, shop around. It's really is worth it and just as easy as sending to MPB.

Last edited:
I live not far from that company Park Camera so took a lens in I had carefully kept but wanted to sell. Took it in and they checked it over in a back room, came out and said it had dust bunnies behind the lens. and offered a misely amount, far less than it was worth. They must have thought I was stupid and a mug. When I challenged them to show me they backed down. This was several years ago but a bad experiece sticks

Last edited:
Just traded in an expensive lens at Park, great service, fast but thorough inspection, no drama, honoured the online quote. That's the second time i've traded in with them, all good.

Back