Park Cameras

Name
Horologos
Edit My Images
Yes
Took my 12 month old Canon 5D iv in tonPark Camera’s was offered. Measles 1000 pound trade in on a new Nikon D850.
Quiet disheartened by the sales persons attitude, at the end of the day “ they are there to make money”
Rather unhelpful and uninterested in being friendly and helpful.
Obviously I have decided to stay with my Canon

Surely £1k is a decent price for a year old camera thats currently £2k or less new.. they have to sell it on again...

Too be fair to the OP thats a poor price !

Even Camera Jungle offer £1609 for excellent or £1724 for mint - if I've selected the correct camera ?

Yes thank you Dave but they would then sell it for 2300. I was interested in the D850 but not anymore.
The objective is to make money not have unwanted sexual relations with the customer.
Anyway last time they get my business.

Surely £1k is a decent price for a year old camera thats currently £2k or less new.. they have to sell it on again...

where are they £2k or less new? all the retailers on pricebuster show £3200

That’s immaterial when being compared to a 12 month old second hand camera.

What would you buy? 12 month old second hand or brand new grey from a UK seller?

That’s also immaterial. You can’t base the value of second hand goods on new goods from other countries brought in without appropriate taxes being paid. How would you like it if the garage offered you a trade in on you car based on the value of an import where no taxes had been paid?

I’ve just been offered near on £700 for a 2 year old 7D Mkii (sold here) and nearly £600 for a 6 year old 6D (MPB)

£1000 for a 1 year old 5D Mkiv does seem very stingy, assuming of course it had a reasonable shutter count.

Which branch, I found the one in central London less than pleasant when I went to buy a 150-600 Sigma a short while back.

That’s also immaterial. You can’t base the value of second hand goods on new goods from other countries brought in without appropriate taxes being paid. How would you like it if the garage offered you a trade in on you car based on the value of an import where no taxes had been paid?

Who was discussing smuggled goods? The smugglers like Panamoz are even cheaper.

FYI, HDEW supply a VAT invoice.

By the way, on your car analogy, what % of the new price would you expect the dealer to offer you as a trade in after you’d had the car for a year?

Last edited:
Who was discussing smuggled goods? The smugglers like Panamoz are even cheaper.

Just you.

FYI, HDEW supply a VAT invoice.

Yes, if you ask for one. It’s still a grey import.

By the way, on your car analogy, what % of the new price would you expect the dealer to offer you as a trade in after you’d had the car for a year?

Probably more than a third of the original price. What about you?

I have had extremely poor customer service experiences with Park Cameras, even face to face, and they even tried charging me twice for a camera body.

I would strongly recommend either Wex or HDEW as extremely good suppliers and both with excellent aftersales service. HDEW were particularly helpful regarding a repair and use A.J.Johnstones in Glasgow.

I have part exchanged with Wex a couple of times too.

Forget Park Cameras!

I would strongly recommend either Wex or HDEW as extremely good suppliers and both with excellent aftersales service. HDEW were particularly helpful regarding a repair and use A.J.Johnstones in Glasgow.

ecoleman seems to think HDEW must be in HK and buying in from them is the same as buying from the likes of Panamoz :rolleyes:

ecoleman seems to think HDEW must be in HK and buying in from them is the same as buying from the likes of Panamoz :rolleyes:

....I have never bought from Panamoz and so I don't feel I can comment about them. HDEW used to be a high street retailer and have been based in and trading in the UK for over 20 years to the best of my knowledge. Personally from direct experience, I have absolutely no hesitation whatsoever in recommending them. I also highly rate Wex.

Wrong again Dave, you really need to stop making stupid assumptions. I use HDEW all the time. In fact my 5DMkiv from HDEW arrived just last week. I know they are based in the U.K. but their cameras are still shipped from HK. And whether you accept it or not are grey imports.Do you honestly think Hdew can sell a camera for £1300 less than say Wex and still make a profit it it was brought in via official channels?

Anyway, I’m not here to argue the toss with you over Hdew. The fact is £1000 for a year old 5DMkiv is poor. I don’t care where it came from.

Last edited:
I live not far from the place in Burgess Hill and have always had really good service from them
when I go there.
Helpful staff, allow you take your own camera in to try out any lenses you are interested in, and vice versa
try a new body with your own lenses.
Good advise on what not to buy has saved me from a couple of expensive mistakes
On the odd occasion I have sold P/E gear with them, I've always got a decent price, after sales service
on a couple of thing that have malfunctioned after buying has been great too

The fact is £1000 for a year old 5DMkiv is poor. I don’t care where it came from.

....I sold my 9 month old 5D-4 (originally bought from HDEW) to Wex for £2,040 in part exchange for a new 1DX-2. So only £1,000 is a shocking offer - Unless it has been inspected and is in very poor condition or in need of repair.

Post 17. That’s the only place smuggling was mentioned.

LOL

So the only post discussing it was the one where you were asked to link to posts mentioning smuggling or tax paid? You must be feeling pretty dim today to not realise that post 17 happened after you went on the rant about grey goods/no taxes paid and was the post asking you to back up your claim :LOL: .

Last edited:
....I sold my 9 month old 5D-4 (originally bought from HDEW) to Wex for £2,040 in part exchange for a new 1DX-2. So only £1,000 is a shocking offer - Unless it has been inspected and is in very poor condition or in need of repair.

It was, OP says he took the camera in to Park to ask for a trade in price.

Well to end this thread traded my 5Div in today for £1800.00. As I said won’t be setting foot in Parks again.

Back