Parking in Cambridge?

Name
Holly
Edit My Images
No
Possibly shooting Paloma Faith next Sunday at the Cambridge Corn Exchange, and wondered what is the closest car park? How easy is it to drive through Cambridge?, traffic etc? Just wondered as will be a Sunday evening.

I'll be driving from Ipswich so pretty straightforward, crazy as i've never been to Cambs before and just down the road!

Any advice from anyone who knows the city would be appreciated :)

The Grand arcade is the nearest to there Holly, if you go on google maps and search the Cambridge corn exchange you'll see how close the grand arcade is. It's not the easiest to get to as its on a one way street but the traffic should be no problem on a Sunday evening.
If you come in on the Newmarket road watch out for the speed cameras! And don't be tempted to park anywhere within Cambridge, in the side streets, as its mostly residents only parking.

Plus parking charges are £1.00 per hour after 5.00 pm on Sundays. You don't really want to know how much 5 hour parking costs on a Saturday :D

Plus parking charges are £1.00 per hour after 5.00 pm on Sundays. You don't really want to know how much 5 hour parking costs on a Saturday :D

Too right, The grand arcade is fairly well signposted and a stones through from corn exchange. Traffic will be fine on a Sunday.

Thanks everyone for input.

Drive and gig went well, didn't take too long getting out of car park afterwards and yep not many cars on the road at all.

Back