Passion for Photography

LewisHall

Suspended / Banned
Name
Lewis
Edit My Images
Yes
I know this probably is a strange question, but I was just wondering why most of you/us have such a passion for photography. Like what you enjoy about it, as I've been doing it since September now and it's the first hobby I've actually stuck to but I absolutely love it! But I don't know why I like it so much.. I don't get nothing from it, don't do nothing with my pictures, apart from post them on flickr and here but I just can not wait to go out each time to take more photos. I don't know if it's because I go places I would never normally go to because I want different pictures or what there's just something about it. :D

I do it as an alternative to shooting cats although I enjoy both pastimes equally as much.:D Photography tends to be a bit less messy tho but more expensive:cool:

Not a strange question at all :)
I wish I knew the answer tho :D
There's definitely something about it
Mine started from being interested in wildlife and am always trying to get a better shot than I took last time I was out
This summer I'm going to concentrate on macro mainly butterflies and dragonflies :)

Not a strange question at all :)
I wish I knew the answer tho :D
There's definitely something about it
Mine started from being interested in wildlife and am always trying to get a better shot than I took last time I was out
This summer I'm going to concentrate on macro mainly butterflies and dragonflies :)

Yeah I'm the same tbh mate, but I put my pictures up for criticism on here sometimes where really it don't matter because it's not like I'm doing anything with them but I still just want to take better shots every time.

Last time (for 12 years) around it was
#1 Technical challenge and esthetic challenge (learning)
#2 Shared images with other people with common interests.
Then I discovered Motor Cycles, Girls, and Sailing - all much more fun than photography.

Nowdays (40+ years latter) it is:
#2 Sharing images with other people with common interests.
#3 Gets me out of the house.

Last edited:
Last time around it was
#2 Shared images with other people with common interests.
Then I discovered Motor Cycles, Girls, and sailing - all much more fun than photography.

Nowdays (40+ years latter) it is:
#2 Sharing images with other people with common interests.
#3 Gets me out of the house.

Haha I like it! ;)

Do you mean to tell me I mistook the phase "shooting cars"? I will now lower my head and walk away for I am not worthy of calling myself a photographer at this moment...

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

Did you read it? I said shooting CATS not CARS:rolleyes: Dunno about your photography skills but yer powers of observation ain't that good!!

Last edited:
Did you read it? I said shooting CATS not CARS:rolleyes: Dunno about your photography skills but yer powers of observation ain't that good!!
The more I read your posts the more I think you are an immature idiot.

Much like Richard Taylor, first time round (3? years ago) because it let me make something visible as a souvenir (I can't draw the curtains freehand!) and being able to create something with my own hands (including brewing coatings for light sensitive paper and building a pinhole camera from scratch). Then I left school and no longer had access to a well equipped darkroom and had discovered S&D&R&R (or should that be C&W&WWW?) which seemed a far better way to spend both time and money (did I say spend? I meant waste!)
FF 20 odd years and I had finally settled down with a good woman, dumped the D and had some spare money to enjoy so I got back into making memories for myself. After a couple of years with reasonable compacts I moved up to film SLRs again and the rest is a looooong series of credit card slips! While I don't make a living from it (and have no intention of doing so!), I have done a few little jobs for barter and even sold a few prints at cost (I even GIVE some away...)

umm, I thought Brash was joking - I'm pretty sure he wasn't being serious about shooting cats!! I think Shayne took him seriously though.

anyway - to the original question

Like my passion for cars it has always been there. From being a very small child I have loved photographs and used to spend hours poring over our family album. When I was 9 I saved up bubble-gum wrappers (Bazooka Joe's) and sent off for my first camera. I think I only ever managed to buy one film for it and I don't remember it ever being processed but my parents eventually took the hint and got me a Halina with a cube flash for my 12th birthday. I have no idea where it comes from but it is my passion and I would call it more than a hobby. Looking back there's never been a time when I didn't have a camera by my side, although I do take it all a bit more seriously these days.

I do it as an alternative to shooting cats although I enjoy both pastimes equally as much.:D Photography tends to be a bit less messy tho but more expensive:cool:

You're a pussy cat ;)

For me there are possibly three reasons why I like it...

I used to draw and paint and would consider myself an artist first and an amateur photographer second but photography is quicker :D
It adds to the experience of a long walk :D
I like the gear :D

Na then grumpy bums, calm down.

Broad shoulders and a DGAFA works for me T.

I love photos as simple as that, there's not many photos I don't like looking, wondering about and just sometimes I like to shoot the occasional photo to, for me the ultimate aim of my photography is dynamic, it changes with time and obsession, I like to do my best whenever I try someting and will happily keep trying to I think I've given it my all (y)

I'd like to say there is some deep theological reason for my desire to partake in the hobby but ultimately it is purely a desire to appreciate photos

I have photo stuff all over my flat,photo bags with cameras in them ready to go,take a camera whenever i go,think i got a bit of a passion :)

Oh but it does count now!:D so go on waffle away..........................:banana: we won't laugh much if you do have a moment:D

Photography is my way of relaxing. Going out for the day with nothing to do but take pictures is the best kind of day for me. It gets me away from the normal stresses of life, and I get to lose myself in the technical/artistic stuff without worrying about anything else.

Haha I'm not sure, may have been with the change over but come on get typing I was expecting to see 10,000 by now and a celebratory boogie! :D

I like capturing and reflecting on moments in time and given no one has seen fit to build me a time machine, a camera will have to suffice for now:D

Back