Passion for Photography

Photography is my way of relaxing. Going out for the day with nothing to do but take pictures is the best kind of day for me. It gets me away from the normal stresses of life, and I get to lose myself in the technical/artistic stuff without worrying about anything else.

Perfect description exactly how I feel!!

For me it all started when I took a photo on my phone of big ben and I liked it despite the 3 mp Nokia camera. I then looked back at it a year later and said to my parents about wanting a camera. They bought me a fujifilm bridge camera for Christmas and I started to take some photos I liked. Eventually I never used it any more until January 2013 when I bought a photography magazine while on the way up to Cambridge. I then realised that my fujifilm wouldnt give the more settings I wanted so saved up for a nikon D3200 and I just love photography!

-For me just keeping creative, producing something.
-Capturing beuty (as stupidly emo as that sounds)
-Getting out of the house (although some shots are taken in doors anyway)

-For me just keeping creative, producing something.
-Capturing beuty (as stupidly emo as that sounds)
-Getting out of the house (although some shots are taken in doors anyway)

Don't knock yourself, capturing beauty is a perfect reason and certainly not stupidly emo lol:D

Just had alook at your Flickr, alot of my stuff looks like your recent forest pictures, but i need more variation in styles.
Love the street dancer expression :p
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cg_girl/8721987975/ - Impressive Windows XP desktop there !! :p

Lol thank you- i actually hate that photo now, it's amazing how you go through some of your older work and and start to pick holes in everything- not a bad thing i guess, we learn that way.. the recent forest shots were shot on film-great fun
The street dancers, yeah they were cool and really played up to the camera which was great:D

You didnt intentionally go for that look of the Window desktop then? Very similar. Maybe the dynamic colours.
Playing around with settings that day?

You didnt intentionally go for that look of the Window desktop then? Very similar. Maybe the dynamic colours.
Playing around with settings that day?

It is similar style and it still makes me chuckle, i have no idea what i was doing that day and yes 'always' fiddling with settings and messing about. although it was the bubble photo next to it that i had a few people on fb say they could see that on a desktop- pure fluke but funny

I think for me it's a creative thing. I can't draw, sketch, paint, sing, my artistic abilities generally aren't high, photography is the only type I've ever been reasonable at. I always used a film camera when I could as a child, dad bought a bridge digital which I stated using more, officially became mine at some point when dad won a little compact or something, I taught myself how to use the limited settings on it. The basic layout was somewhat similar to a Nikon in placement of bits, probably not a coincidence.

Upside is when I finally got a DSLR 4 years ago I knew the basics of the settings. Though my early photos look awful to me now.

Still, there's my life story :D

For me it started when a friend took a gorgeous pic of my youngest. I loved it and knew I couldn't do the same with my point and shoot. Got a d90 as a complete novice in 2010.

Wanted to firstly get nice pics of my kids. Things just sprouted from there.

I like the technical side and the shiny gear. I was all sciency/languages at school, so no real artistic outlet. I "wanted" to be good at art but had no real talent for it.

Branching out to macro/buildings/landscapes (goal for 2014 is to shoot more landscapes).

I like trying to understand lighting - I guess the appliance of science to art!

It's a hobby where there's always something to challenge you - just got the creative cloud after exclusively using Lightroom, so quite a lot to learn!

So there, a bit dull but that's how I got into it and hooked!!

S

lol, Oi! ...what if im doing the foxtrot. :D
Nice thread about humanity and banks might trot a quick quick out of me...it does happen occationally. :p

I just missed number eight, whats my punishment?

Seven.

:D

Hmmmm punishment?!... well perhaps counting to 10 repeatedly might help you not miss an eight again;)

Might even get you to the 10,000, though saying that the amount talking crap i do i shall get there before you anyway:p

Why on earth would you like to discuss banks?:thinking:

Photography is my way of relaxing. Going out for the day with nothing to do but take pictures is the best kind of day for me. It gets me away from the normal stresses of life, and I get to lose myself in the technical/artistic stuff without worrying about anything else.

I think exactly this is what does it for me!

Back