Path up snowdon

I haven't done the Llanberis path but I believe it's the easiest and straightest path but not the best for scenery. I think the train goes up that way.
I've done the pyg and miners paths and they go past the lakes on the way up so the scenery is superb and it changes as you go up. The difficulty is getting a space in the car park at the start for those 2 paths.
Whichever way you go, the view from the top is amazing if it's clear.

They are all really good. Don't discount the surrounding mountains either. Cwm silyn and Cwm dilyn are both beautiful mountains with stunning scenery and lovely lakes and cliffs inside them.

I done the miners and pyg last year, agree very good indeed. And as for the parking!! Nightmare!
Great views tho, one from last year,

Llyn Teyrn by TS446Photo, on Flickr

My sister has sorted this one out, worried a little bit about the dog she has chosen the Llanberis trail, also its the best to get accommodation close by. Not sure why, the dog is far fitter than I am. I hope there are still some great views to take some pictures from. Saying that it looks like its gonna be raining!

We got the train up last week and walked down the Llanberis path.
Its the easiest one and plenty of places to stop for pictures etc. but we found the tarmac road at the bottom of the path the worst bit - sooo steep!
There were also plenty of dogs on that path (on and off leads) so no worries there.
Only problem is they won't allow dogs on the train if you are hoping to use that one way.

Back