Pattingham Bells Run 2015

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
I have recently reignited my love for sports photography and sussed out a few events locally which look to offer good shooting opportunities.

The first one was a village run which has been around for years, 7 miles of fields and tracks in the Staffordshire village of Pattingham.

I only took my 300 2.8 along on the D300 as i wanted nice dof and sharp detail on the runners.

Overall i was very pleased with the images and the runners who viewed my gallery afterwards all enjoyed them too, so that was great to hear.

Here are a few of my fav's. Thanks for looking C&C welcome.

DSC_8967.jpg

DSC_8845-2.jpg

DSC_8947.jpg

DSC_8968.jpg

Your last one is the most convincing!

Great set. All good viewing - I particularly like #1 for its DOF and #2 just to show something less like torture :)

The last one for me also,great shot.:)

The last ones the only one that really works IMO.

1. A close up of your subject would have been a cracker but the guy on the left (chopped at the ankle) is distracting rather than adding context.
2. Slightly off centre, but not engaged and kind of walking. Almost looks staged, but not very well.
3. He's running out of the frame rather than into it.
4. Really like this one. A nice shot well framed.

Also, I think I said this on another one of your threads, the frame does nothing for them apart from make them look a bit dated....

Yes agreed last one was my fav of the bunch too.

First time I'd ever photographed any runners so some framing might be a bit off.

#2 she was looking at the starting field and probably eyeing up her plan so she was actually just milling about as a pose to running, think i was trying more to catch the atmosphere before the race here so sorry if it doesn't work.

#1 I wanted to try the oof approach to show the guy in focus's determination to pass the one oof, just me trying things to see what does and doesn't work, clearly you don't think this one works. Yes his ankle is chopped off but as said some framing was off as I'm not used to framing runners and it was a challenge but a fun one.

I photograph mainly fell runs and road races. You CAN'T get any of them to pose for you, dreadful people. You basically get what you're given. ;) Out of 100 shots, you might just capture that moment ... ONCE!

15982609399_94191fe7da_o (1).jpg

Back