Paydirt

Super read that! Saw it on the back page of the Express today and I honestly thought someone had done really well to spot that in the thick of the action. Nice to read the story behind it.

Git! :)

I really really wanted that 400mm you know! :LOL:

(cracking capture!)

Let me know if you want a pdf or plate of the Express back page.

The pdf I can email, the plate not sure how to get that to you if you wanted it.

ta v much but its not my shot on the back of the Express I dot think. It is on the back of the Mirror today and for the third day running in the Sun, this time a double spread on the inside back pages (back pages Mon and Tues).

I have PDFs for all thanks.

Ok great.

Well done mate - great thinking outside the box and not just concentrating on the action - guess its what separates the men from the boys

Cant hold off any longer. The shot of John Terry and Anton Ferdinand head-to-head is mine.

Did you hear what he called him though?

Can you imagine if you had a recording of that - would be worth a fortune.

Its amazing how this story has grown. I've had calls from various national picture desks who a v keen for fresh pics. This meant churning through my recycle bin for my rejects. I found some other shots of Terry arguing with numerous other QPR players, and a cracker of Ashley Cole arguing with Ferdinand after the final whistle.

Cole is named in the papers as a key witness to support Terry, so now anything with him in becomes interesting. Unfortunately this time Getty have the same shot so thats everywhere and mine isn't. Also PA have a shot of Terry and Ferdinand just after they squared up which is being used everywhere now as no doubt its cheaper than mine.

So, for the time being it looks like its burnt out for me, but I can tell you its bloody great fun whilst it lasts.

Things are still ticking along with a nice big print of a looser crop of the same shot in the Daily Mail today, and the Guardian using it online as well. I'm spending far too much time on Google image search at the moment!

Good on ya.

I know we can't really ask but it would be interesting to see how an image like this pays. E.g. 5 nationals (do they pay each time). Smaller circulation papers. Nationals use on their websites etc etc.

Well done Andy stella work, (y).just had a gmail from Dan.
Godda agree with you Mark!, slapped wrists are in order.
Why isn't the agencies or your monocar on any of the latter published ones though Andy?. Kind regards Graham.

Tobers, I think that you might have just got a splash on Beeb1 Ten O'Clock news. Check your distribution! :)

He'll be retiring to the Bahamas soon..

I'll check on on the BBC news lead - thanks for that. It was on Channel 4 news a couple of days back too. The shot is up on Rex Features now so distribution is somewhat wider.

So far 15 national news hits including 3 more today, 2 in the Sun and one in the Star.

For those who want to know what this sort of thing pays, I did a post on my blog at the end of last season here.

Not sure what I'll get for this shot so far, but there's a good number of back pages and large double-page spreads. All I need now is a front page :D. I'm sure there's a fair bit to go in this story yet, and with only my shot capturing the confrontation, and Nick Potts PA shot a few seconds later, there will be more to come as investigations progress.

I trawled my rejects from that game again and came across a shot of John Terry wearing a "One Game, One Community" yellow t-shirt which I've sent in so if that pops up in the papers you'll know that it's adding to my exotic holiday fund.

As for all the myriad of websites that have stolen it - not a lot we can do about that unfortunately. Quite interesting to see how far it has gone around the world though.

I still think that it is interesting that Ferdinand never came out and said he didn't call him what is reported.

Also Terry says on the one hand he didn't say it and on the other says it's been misinterpreted.

Let's see what happens.

Bahamas or a 1Dx - choices eh Tobers :)

Lol

All seems to have gone quiet on the John Terry front recently. 15 national newspaper hits so far, 2 TV news, numerous online (paid) and huge amounts of online stolen hits.

I imagine things will pick up again if he doesn't get picked for England (or if he does).

It's still ticking over as the story runs. I'd like to thank Mr Blatter for keeping it alive :D. Now over 20 uses in the nationals. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the police & FA decide what to do.

Papers now sent to the CPS.

In today's Star P9. I presume Focus Images Ltd handle the sale of the license and bill on behalf of you & take their cut?

Have now removed scan as per Tober's request below.

Last edited:
Thanks Big Rob, but can you take that scan down please as even scans of papers aren't liked by DataCo.

I've also got the back page of the Daily Mirror today, large styleee :D:D.

More to come I'm sure. He'll either get charged by the CPS, after which there will be a trial/fine/conviction whatever, or not charged, all of which will be covered in detail I'm sure. Then there's the FA who need to decide whether to go after him as well once the CPS are sorted.

All rather lucrative. I'm on something like 23 national shows that I know of, plus TV and numerous smaller stuff via Rex Features. The pic has also been stolen hundreds of times around the world which is both annoying and amusing to me at the same time.

Yes, my agency have the billing relationship with the papers and Rex, and I get my cut from that.

Last edited:
Excellent Tober's - this still has more to run me thinks.

It just needs to get to £5299 by March......

Yep, not mine I'm afraid though my heart did skip a beat when I saw it, but I do have today:

Daily Mirror inside double page
Daily Express back page & inside
Independent large on p3
The Star inside
The Sun front page (!!) and inside
"i" large on p3.

8 national hits on one day including a front page. That'll do :D.

Last edited:
Why did you sell it - thought you loved it?

Back