Paydirt

Saw a couple of those hits today, had to chuckle as I thought how many more posts on this thread!

Should put a tip here tobers , never delete anything from a game because never know!
Happy days, and it's only just begun :LOL:

Shaun

Do fees for Internet and print media equate? Would you have got more if the pic on the times website was yours than say compared with a sun front page?also does front page pay more than inside page or is it just paid by the usage?

The internet pays much less than print - about a quarter. In print, image size matters, as does circulation and position in the paper. An "inside" shot is the lowest money, followed by a back page and then front page as the daddy. However, a large inside show can make more than a small back page show.

Today, I have both a large front page in the Sun, and a very large inside page. Yay :D.

Today I've got the front page of the Mirror, back page of the Star and p5 of the Sun. Excellent!

So that is 42 publications in the nationals that I know about so far.

First court case is next week at Hammersmith but the man himself isn't attending by all accounts.

Oh, and the Sun front page from a few weeks back paid a lowly £65. Something to do with how the photo was no longer "live". Hmmm. Still, at least I am getting paid per publication. How annoyed I would be if I had been on commission!

Had they already used it once? They might be applying repro rates.

I saw it on BBC local news on Friday night.

Today I've got the front page of the Mirror, back page of the Star and p5 of the Sun. Excellent!

So that is 42 publications in the nationals that I know about so far.

First court case is next week at Hammersmith but the man himself isn't attending by all accounts.

Oh, and the Sun front page from a few weeks back paid a lowly £65. Something to do with how the photo was no longer "live". Hmmm. Still, at least I am getting paid per publication. How annoyed I would be if I had been on commission!
Strange i usually get £150 for small images on page 3?

Can someone explain - when does a photo become 'not live'?

Technically when it falls out of the News envelope, which depending on the story could be anything from 24 hrs to a week or so.

The big issue is whether the story is live again (or rather the shot) when a case is committed and then goes to trial. Some would view it as live, others as archive/stock.

Repro (or reproduction) from a paper's library typically attracts very small fees.

It mostly depends on the terms that you've submitted the picture under. If it's space rate/usual fees, then the paper is going to give you repro. If you've submitted as 'one-time use-rest by negotiation', then the price is up to what you can negotiate but you stand less of a chance of it being used.

Gracias Mark.

Page 7 of The Daily Star today.

They have used it a good few times.

Yep - and in the Sun as well. 45 shows and counting now. I missed one back in December which I got paid for so that was a nice surprise. I'll have a small party when it gets to 50.

DemiLion is right about repro rates which the Sun seem to be applying. The Mirror and others are treating is as still "live" so rates remain good.

News Corps are a bit skint at the mo! :D

The next time I see a celeb on the TV asking me to give money for Africa (which I love & grew up in), I'll tell them to go and ask all the celebs who got paid out by Murdock first.....

Well I wont actually tell them, I'll shout at them on the TV...

Two more this morning, one in the Express and one in the Star. I suspect tomorrow may be busy as the BBC is reporting Terry will lose the captaincy today. 3 more needed to reach 50.

By the time's found guilty Tobers will have his M9 back..

Thanks for letting me know, but it's not mine unfortunately - that one belongs to Ian Potts from PA. I'm up to 49 now - all the coverage has been on Capello and Rednapp, but I'm sure there's more to come as it all gets dissected.

How big this story has become - the downfall of the England captain, and now the manager. Crazy!

Werll done Sir(y), looks like drinks are on you at the FIL meet up Andy:D. Kind regards Graham.

Holy thread resurrection! Yes its that time again.

Daily Mirror and Sun today, plus some online usage, plus about 300 more stolen in the foreign press which I dont get a penny for...grrr.

Great website, its really interesting to get some facts and figures.

More Paydirt??

John Terry charged by the FA over Anton Ferdinand clash

Just read your earnings write up, very interesting read :) thanks for posting it up on there.

Up to about £2900 on this one now as Handshakegate II commences and a few more hits appear.

And I am at QPR v Chelsea again on Saturday for what promises to be a feisty encounter :D.

The problem is that everyone will be aiming their cameras at those two if they play. you either go with the flow or find the other angle maybe crowd flicking the bird?

The thing with the pre game handshakes is that you are very often blocked by mascots, officials, TV cameras etc, so its all a bit of a lottery whether you can get THE SHOT or not. I may shoot it from the other side of the pitch with the 400 and an extender...we'll see.

How about a zip wire - you could be above a la Boris Johnson..

Well that was 3 Sun back pages in a row. Friday and Saturday had THE PIC, and Sunday was a nice one of Ashley Cole spitting after Ferdinand refused to shake hands with him. Also had a nice big one of Terry with his hand round Jamie Mackie's throat (accidentally though in my view) in the Sunday Sun. Happy days, and still more to run with the FA inquiry later this month.

I ended up taking the handshake shot from the opposite side of the pitch as it was a bit of a bunfight on the dugout side. Couldn't get Terry as he was blocked but Ashley Cole yielded 3 nice frames.

Last edited:
Back