PC Clean Up.

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
My PC is becoming a little slow. anyone know of a secure decent cheap or free tune up.

CCleaner is quite good and there's a free version.

Malwarebytes anti malware is good too try the free trial version.

These 2 programs along with my anti-virus have kept all my pc's running well for a few years.

Last edited:
I would first try running CCleaner to clear up some space and the registry cleaner to remove any issues that maybe affecting how the PC performs.
If this doesn't improve the issue you may want to check to see what is using up the resources of the PC.
Personally I have no faith in these 'PC Speed-up' programmes.

I would first try running CCleaner to clear up some space and the registry cleaner to remove any issues that maybe affecting how the PC performs.
If this doesn't improve the issue you may want to check to see what is using up the resources of the PC.
Personally I have no faith in these 'PC Speed-up' programmes.

Point Noted Gramps.

+1 on this one

Run ccleaner.
Delete any program you don't need.
Remove programs that start when the computer start

Make some space in HD

Thomas, how do I find those programs that start when performing computer start up. Plenty of space on HD.

CCleaner is quite good and there's a free version.

Malwarebytes anti malware is good too try the free trial version.

These 2 programs along with my anti-virus have kept all my pc's running well for a few years.

I use the same programmes, with Avast (Free) as the anti-virus. Don't know if this is the best solution but it seems to work for me.

"how do I find those programs that start when performing computer start up"

Run Task Manager and select the tab called "Start up".
This lists all the programs that run automatically on startup and lets you block them.

Check very carefully what each is for before you block them (Google should work).
Some of them will be essential for proper running of your PC!

Get rid of dust inside and don't forget the fans and the fins if applicable

Thanks all. A couple of hours performing a hands on clean up, deleting and reboot seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for reporting back, all too often people try to help and get no feedback as to what happened

Back