PDF software for scanner

aberal

lens lens lens (or Lens)
Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a very basic Canon LiDE scanner which scans as bmp, TIFF and jpg. I'd really like so either scan as or convert to PDF's. Does anyone know of software which would let me do that?

Thanks in advance.

I know cs3 and 4 can output as a pdf.

I have a Lide scanner and i'm sure the bundled software outputs to pdf. Have you checked the web for updates for the scanner? You might find you can download a more recent bundle which has the functions you want.

I have a Lide scanner and i'm sure the bundled software outputs to pdf. Have you checked the web for updates for the scanner? You might find you can download a more recent bundle which has the functions you want.

Good idea! Checked that and unfortunately no luck... I tried a download of a later version of Canoscan and it doesn't recognize my scanner LiDE 30. So back to drawing board... :(

I know cs3 and 4 can output as a pdf.

I think you have to have the full version of Acrobat to be able to do that :shrug:

have a look at primopdf, I think it should allow you to scan the document, then you can "print" to primo and it creates the pdf for you.

have a look at primopdf, I think it should allow you to scan the document, then you can "print" to primo and it creates the pdf for you.

Thanks. I'll take a look at that.

:agree:

I use this at home and at work as it is commercially free. It's a Windows program. Great for creating pdf's from Word, Excel, pics, web pages and you can control whether people can copy, amend the pdf as well

All of the Microsoft Office 2007 programs will let you save as pdf, you just need to download a free add on from the microsoft website.

Bullzip pdf does the same thing and it's free too.

I use PDF Factory and its good. It installs just like a printer and when you want to PDF something you just click print then select the PDF printer, then save.

Just google it I am sure you will find it free somewhere

I use PDF Factory and its good. It installs just like a printer and when you want to PDF something you just click print then select the PDF printer, then save.

Just google it I am sure you will find it free somewhere

Thanks guys.

Back