Peak Designed Straps.

Raymond Lin

I am Groot
Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
Anyone have these?

I just opened mine, had it a while. It has metal buckle, isn't that a silly idea? Not sure about you but that's going to knock against the camera, LCD screen, lens, glass, flash head.

I guess it's just a rant at silly design decisions.

Had my slide for a few weeks now and ive had no issues with the buckle.

Great strap so far

I sent mine back, did not enjoy. But very popular and couldn't see myself scratching anything.

Never noticed mine doing so, I love how easy it is to shorten, tighten and use as a 'normal' neck strap if needed

I've got one and always concerned about scratching but no issues...yet. Try and tuck the metal bits behind a padded section in my camera bag.

I would of thought 2 slides so the bodies are resting on each hip would work. Might take a bit of getting used to and setting up.

I would of thought 2 slides so the bodies are resting on each hip would work. Might take a bit of getting used to and setting up.

Maybe I needed to get my attachments right, as never felt that the camera felt right when on my side. I don't know, might try one again at some point!

Maybe I needed to get my attachments right, as never felt that the camera felt right when on my side. I don't know, might try one again at some point!
Something I have found is, if you attach the clips like in the video and on the website the camera needs to be sitting on your right hip. Otherwise yes when you bring it up to your eye the straps do get in the way.

Would you just be better off with a harness? Hold fast or similar?

I totally agree with this... I now have mine connected on a D ring in the tripod mount and it's quite nice. I just couldn't get on with the stupid tripod plate and shoulder mount setup.

I totally agree with this... I now have mine connected on a D ring in the tripod mount and it's quite nice. I just couldn't get on with the stupid tripod plate and shoulder mount setup.
What you have both straps connected at the bottom?

I have just looked at the Peak Design D-ring - worth a punt at £10 if i try the strap again!

These slides are the best. The buckle is the beauty of the design. Pull it up camera further up your back for tracking over walls and stones up hills then slide down when firing off images. That the whole idea of it. Pair with other Peak Design stuff it excellent imho

Anyone have these?

I just opened mine, had it a while. It has metal buckle, isn't that a silly idea? Not sure about you but that's going to knock against the camera, LCD screen, lens, glass, flash head.

I guess it's just a rant at silly design decisions.
Not an issue. Doesn't scratch whilst wearing it and so quick to remove when putting it in a bag there's no risk of it scratching as you can put it in a different section of the bag. That being said, sometimes I'm ultra lazy and have left it attached and it's still a none issue. I've not noticed and sharp edge for it to scratch anything easily.

The problem with this is at a wedding, need to swap cameras (I shoot with 2), and can't always put one down so it is always sling over my shoulders.
Individual sling straps would definitely not be my choice of straps if I wanted to carry two cameras, I would buy a strap specially designed to do thi.

Not an issue. Doesn't scratch whilst wearing it and so quick to remove when putting it in a bag there's no risk of it scratching as you can put it in a different section of the bag. That being said, sometimes I'm ultra lazy and have left it attached and it's still a none issue. I've not noticed and sharp edge for it to scratch anything easily.

Individual sling straps would definitely not be my choice of straps if I wanted to carry two cameras, I would buy a strap specially designed to do thi.

Ok, I've put it on and give it a go.

On thing I have to keep an eye on is the condition of the little button loop, they are so thin and with Canon's metal strap loop, flat and right angles, the tension will no doubt slowly cut it over time.

One more thing I have notice is the lock that the button click into, the spring mechanism of it is metal so the back of it will constantly hitting the camera, such as the dials. I guess I am just anal at keeping the camera clean and although I don't mind necessity damage....when it is preventable, it ought to be.

I used my old 5D3 so much that the paint came off just under the thumb dial from the rubbing. so I know metal plate hitting the top of the camera over time will just cause 100x more damage than my skin.

I've used a slide lite on my EM-1 since I bought it back in November. It has never been off the camera whether in or out of the bag and I have no issues. The buckles are very rounded so unless they are deliberately rubbed against the camera body, I feel they would be unlikely to cause damage.

Those little connector tags (or whatever they are called) do look thin, but PD say each will withstand 100 pounds weight so a few pounds of camera and lens would not seem to pose a problem. I have both ends of my strap connected to the supplied plate and I have yet to notice any fraying whatsoever. I reckon there is more likelihood of you whacking the camera against a rock or suchlike than a PD strap giving way. As ever, insure your kit and check it regularly.

I've used a slide lite on my EM-1 since I bought it back in November. It has never been off the camera whether in or out of the bag and I have no issues. The buckles are very rounded so unless they are deliberately rubbed against the camera body, I feel they would be unlikely to cause damage.

Those little connector tags (or whatever they are called) do look thin, but PD say each will withstand 100 pounds weight so a few pounds of camera and lens would not seem to pose a problem. I have both ends of my strap connected to the supplied plate and I have yet to notice any fraying whatsoever. I reckon there is more likelihood of you whacking the camera against a rock or suchlike than a PD strap giving way. As ever, insure your kit and check it regularly.

My worry isn't about 1 single weight of it fraying in a single use, it is about the daily abuse, rubbing back and forth for months and years.

As for the metal back plate, my take is that if my skin can take the paint off the camera, I am sure metal will do it much quicker. That's logical right? Similarly. metal on fabric rubbing, it will eventually fray.

Last edited:
Yes it could possibly fray and you can buy replacements. I have had mine for 2 years now and it not snapped and still on my first lots of Anchor

I suppose so, but a camera is a tool right? We take pride in our cars, but if we take them on the road then stone chips are inevitable. If you really want to keep your camera pristine for years and years, then leave it in your bag. As I suggested earlier, by using your camera you are more likely to incur damage than merely by coupling it to a strap, PD or otherwise.

Also I believe PD have redesign the Anchor too and they are stronger now than the ones i currently have on my camera. But I do have some new version but not put them on yet

Ok, I've put it on and give it a go.

On thing I have to keep an eye on is the condition of the little button loop, they are so thin and with Canon's metal strap loop, flat and right angles, the tension will no doubt slowly cut it over time.

One more thing I have notice is the lock that the button click into, the spring mechanism of it is metal so the back of it will constantly hitting the camera, such as the dials. I guess I am just anal at keeping the camera clean and although I don't mind necessity damage....when it is preventable, it ought to be.

I used my old 5D3 so much that the paint came off just under the thumb dial from the rubbing. so I know metal plate hitting the top of the camera over time will just cause 100x more damage than my skin.
I don't know how you plan on using the strap but in use the lock mechanism does not constantly keep hitting the camera. I am anal about my gear and my cameras are as pristine as the day I bought them after long periods of using the strap, including use with heavy lenses. For comfort and to keep the strap away from the controls I find it best to have one end attached to the left camera lug (looking from the back of the camera) and the other to the tripod plate.

Also I believe PD have redesign the Anchor too and they are stronger now than the ones i currently have on my camera. But I do have some new version but not put them on yet
It wasn't the detachable anchors that were the problem, it was the clasp they fit into.

It wasn't the detachable anchors that were the problem, it was the clasp they fit into.

That as well yes. But they have also done new version anchor too

That as well yes. But they have also done new version anchor too
Yeah, I'm not sure what the difference is with the anchor tbh.

When I was looking at these I found out the new anchors have a warning colour inside the anchor threads to show when it's time to replace them and highlight if the are frayed. I can see your point about the likelihood of them fraying more on the fixed canon strap points. The slight movement in the Nikon strap points may reduce the chance of fraying.

I suppose so, but a camera is a tool right? We take pride in our cars, but if we take them on the road then stone chips are inevitable. If you really want to keep your camera pristine for years and years, then leave it in your bag. As I suggested earlier, by using your camera you are more likely to incur damage than merely by coupling it to a strap, PD or otherwise.

I do use them as a tool, but I also take care of them, like I would do things that would prevent damage if i can.

Like if I can use a strap that won't have any possibility of scratching it, i will. Metal plate is a metal plate. Accidents are that, accident. And when the metal plate is attached to a strap at 3 inches up from the anchor, it has a high probability it will hit the camera often. like overtime i put the camera down.

Although this i have solved by putting duct tape covering it, still my point stands.

I do use them as a tool, but I also take care of them, like I would do things that would prevent damage if i can.

Like if I can use a strap that won't have any possibility of scratching it, i will. Metal plate is a metal plate. Accidents are that, accident. And when the metal plate is attached to a strap at 3 inches up from the anchor, it has a high probability it will hit the camera often. like overtime i put the camera down.

Although this i have solved by putting duct tape covering it, still my point stands.
Accidents can happen with anything. However, I have never, nor have I heard of anyone else, scratching their camera with the peak design strap. I think you may be over thinking it a bit tbh.

Accidents can happen with anything. However, I have never, nor have I heard of anyone else, scratching their camera with the peak design strap. I think you may be over thinking it a bit tbh.

Yes they do... and the reason I have not taken any photos for a while now is that I had such accident!

So glad I have accidental cover on my house insurance. But I am defiantly taking proper camera insurance out now as if this happened out and about I doubt I would have been covered.

Shiny new D750 arrived today via DPD :)

You can pay a bit extra to house insurance to get it covered out and about.

Did you drop it or strap error?

Yes they do... and the reason I have not taken any photos for a while now is that I had such accident!

So glad I have accidental cover on my house insurance. But I am defiantly taking proper camera insurance out now as if this happened out and about I doubt I would have been covered.

Shiny new D750 arrived today via DPD :)
Don't you have cover away from the house?

Bought a Slide today, and have to say, VERY disappointed. Its way to short for 6 footers like me for a start, and Im really unhappy with it. If I cant return it to Park then its going for sale on here.

Cannot get my head round paying £80 odd quid for a bit of seatbelt and an old carabiner from BR either.

Last edited:
I've. Been using my Peak Design slide since last summer. I have the clasps on two cameras and swap them over when needed. Only take seconds to do. Over the years I have bought several straps and this is the most comfortable strap I have ever used. I do keep an eye on the clasps for wear and up to now they are fine. I wear mine as a sling.

Peake Design Slide is the best strap I have ever used and I have gotten through numerous straps.

Bought a Slide today, and have to say, VERY disappointed. Its way to short for 6 footers like me for a start, and Im really unhappy with it. If I cant return it to Park then its going for sale on here.

Cannot get my head round paying £80 odd quid for a bit of seatbelt and an old carabiner from BR either.
i have to say i am 6 foot and on its longest it way to long, have you defiantly extended it all the way?

Back