Peak Designed Straps.

i have to say i am 6 foot and on its longest it way to long, have you defiantly extended it all the way?

Am 6'4" and it fine for me. I have it long when taking images then shorten it when walking. For a bit. Fantastic

Bought a Slide today, and have to say, VERY disappointed. Its way to short for 6 footers like me for a start, and Im really unhappy with it. If I cant return it to Park then its going for sale on here.

Cannot get my head round paying £80 odd quid for a bit of seatbelt and an old carabiner from BR either.
Another 6'4" er here and length is more than enough.

Ive had 2 Slides since they were available. I have concerns about their capability to hold heavy weights in place. Both mine, and my mates 2 tend to slip to their full length very quickly when used with heavier gear and walking around. This seems to be due to movement making them loosen. Just pulling on them doesn't give any movement.
Saying that, i love the feel of them and continue to use them (also have a Leash and Cuff). In fact a couple of weeks ago i brought the Slide in Blue. It looks lovely but the padded part that goes across the neck seems a stiffer, and is difficult to get in my bag. Im hoping it will loosen up very quickly.

Not sure about the Slide costing £80 from Park, as i got mine for £54 and thats more expensive than the standard black ones.

Ive had 2 Slides since they were available. I have concerns about their capability to hold heavy weights in place. Both mine, and my mates 2 tend to slip to their full length very quickly when used with heavier gear and walking around. This seems to be due to movement making them loosen. Just pulling on them doesn't give any movement.
Saying that, i love the feel of them and continue to use them (also have a Leash and Cuff). In fact a couple of weeks ago i brought the Slide in Blue. It looks lovely but the padded part that goes across the neck seems a stiffer, and is difficult to get in my bag. Im hoping it will loosen up very quickly.

Not sure about the Slide costing £80 from Park, as i got mine for £54 and thats more expensive than the standard black ones.
I paid £46.99 for my slide in black.

I paid £46.99 for my slide in black.

The black ones are a bit cheaper, but earlier on Mark said he paid £80 odd for his from Park.

Actually my second Slide was sent to me free by PD when i comp;pained that my first one was slipping. I have more Slides than i have cameras now lol

It's so easily adjustable and I haven't found it to 'creep', the grippy part does grip extremely well when turned over for the 'same side shoulder carry'..i'm 5' 10" and at full extension it's too long for me.

All I can say I love Peak Design Products. I start with there Strap and loved it so I added the Clutch which I use now and again and Ive also their Messenger bag which suite me indeed imho for me it the best bag I've had

It's so easily adjustable and I haven't found it to 'creep', the grippy part does grip extremely well when turned over for the 'same side shoulder carry'..i'm 5' 10" and at full extension it's too long for me.

Its only when walking around that mine slip, and only with heavy gear like my 5Dmkiii and 70-300L. PD acknowledge this, but make it out to be a feature.

Its only when walking around that mine slip, and only with heavy gear like my 5Dmkiii and 70-300L. PD acknowledge this, but make it out to be a feature.

Mine never had slip

I've had a gripped body and Nikon 300 with tc and the tammy 150-600 with no probs', I thought the more weight helped the 'grip', just my obs though.

£80? It's £50 at park?

This is what PD say on their support forum.

There is no actual locking function on the handle. The snap in place is there in order to keep the pull handle in place.

We designed the friction doubler on that portion of the strap to be "quick adjusting". This means that it's normal friction load is enough to keep it from pulling through under it's own weight, but intentionally slides easily when any parallel force is applied to the doubler mechanism. Striking this balance means that the mechanism might appear to "slip", when in actuality, it is likely being moved by an external force (such as rubbing or bumping). Ideally, users will get adept at using the pull to quick adjust the position of the strap throughout the day, depending on the carrying use.

As a test to make sure your friction doubler is working well, you can ask people to pull hard on the strap to see if they can get the doubler to move on its own. If it is working properly It shouldn't move and we've actually never seen one that does.

The £80 I mentioned was in regard to the Black Rapid Sport guys.......

Ive still got my Joby Slide strap which i love. Its easily better than the RS7 i had, and it has elements of the slide system in it, but ultimately i didnt want a strap that connects to the underside of the camera, as its a pain to put down flat.
I can live with my Slide moving a bit, i just wish the new one didnt have the extra padding in it.

Well Im not too sure about the PD tbh. Had a play about tonight and kind of made it work...

Guess I need to try it on a day out before deciding. Still feels a little short on me though, even fully extended.

On the upside, Ive found a way that makes my existing Nikon wrist strap NOT block the battery tray, so I might just stick with that. Felt natural to me yesterday.

One thing I find strange is why is the handstrap only use the button lock on 1 side, I thought the whole system would be interchangeable.

I am currently using the black rapid cross shot breathe and it's by far my favourite BR so far. Nothing like the sport and half the price. It looks like it shouldn't be comfortable, but it is!

Saying that, I'm giving the PD another try this Weekend!

I am currently using the black rapid cross shot breathe and it's by far my favourite BR so far. Nothing like the sport and half the price. It looks like it shouldn't be comfortable, but it is!

Saying that, I'm giving the PD another try this Weekend!

You must. Try it different ways. @snerkler hates it at first sent it back. Tried it again and now loves it

You must. Try it different ways. @snerkler hates it at first sent it back. Tried it again and now loves it

I'm going too. But I also love my BR so if it doesn't work it I will be keeping that one!

I really like mine. Connected via the lhs of camera and bottom right of tripod plate. Worked great over the weekend, under my backpack, with 70-200 attached (lens points straight down), and slid nicely. It`s not cheap for a strap, but IMHO it`s the best one I`ve had to date.

BR be ok if it wasn't for Peak Design. Peak design stop camera from swinging about too much it hardly swings. With black rapid it swings about

One thing I find strange is why is the handstrap only use the button lock on 1 side, I thought the whole system would be interchangeable.
the cuff is a nice simple wrist strap just one button on/off, but the clutch is a button and a strap. i like the cuff as ive never really been a fan of the clutch type straps

BR be ok if it wasn't for Peak Design. Peak design stop camera from swinging about too much it hardly swings. With black rapid it swings about
That's my biggest gripe with my BR sport, more so the spinning.

I've recently got a PD Slide - was initially regretting my order (not normally the type to spend so much on a strap!), but after receiving it I wish I'd bought one long ago. Can certainly see how some could consider it short though, I'm far from tall and it's nearly fully extended if I have it slung at my preferred angle of dangle.

Got the Cuff today, good strap, good price, I think this is good when using on a shoot, as opposed to all day.

Thinking of getting a PD Slide (SL2) found suggestions for using with a L Bracket, on the PD website, anyone use with a L Bracket if so how do you find it? Thinking of more hanging to the side than in front

Thinking of getting a PD Slide (SL2) found suggestions for using with a L Bracket, on the PD website, anyone use with a L Bracket if so how do you find it? Thinking of more hanging to the side than in front

I'm using mine with an L on my 7D, one connector on the plate, one on the RH camera strap mount. Always have my cameras slung to the side, never been a fan of neck straps. No complaints with that arrangement so far!

I'd agree with this, I have the handstrap and the slide, both attached, the slide comes on and off for when I'm on walkabout. The handstrap is brilliant, comfy, secure. The slide is very long, so I can use it the have the strap diagonally across, strap on left shoulder, camera on right hip. Never had an issue with the buckle on catching clothing etc. I do sometimes have to readjust if I'm out all day, but probably only once.

Back